News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Pep is not a City supporter

Started by Paddy, April 07, 2018, 19:28:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Paddy

He does'nt understand the furore of a derby. He fielded the wrong team again, twice in four days, pathetic. what a waste, we now have to win another two games for the league, thanks Pep, (wanker)...

Lekos

Looks like Paddy's gone full retard tonight. Like they said in that film; never go full retard.

lee

Quote from: Paddy on April 07, 2018, 19:28:18
He does'nt understand the furore of a derby. He fielded the wrong team again, twice in four days, pathetic. what a waste, we now have to win another two games for the league, thanks Pep, (wanker)...

goat..treat yourself

gavin

I think he's every right to be annoyed. And he's right that Pep isn't a city fan. Pep doesn't seem to give a toss what the fans want. Having said that, the team he put out walked all over the rags in the first half and should have won the game. Before the game I was annoyed with Pep's selection. Afterwards, I was livid with the players' finishing and defending. Still am.

goat

nimrod

Well I sure didnt understand Wednesdays team selection or todays so I guess I agree with Paddy.

Stephen Paul

Game should have dead and buried and the Ref was appalling with some shocking decisions

Lekos

Having a whinge that we need to now win another two games to win the league seems rather entitled and calling Pep a wanker seems a bit daft to me, but hey ho.

Lekos

Quote from: stephenmcfc on April 08, 2018, 03:07:05
Game should have dead and buried and the Ref was appalling with some shocking decisions

Completely agree Stevie

gavin

Quote from: Lekos on April 08, 2018, 08:15:53
Having a whinge that we need to now win another two games to win the league seems rather entitled and calling Pep a wanker seems a bit daft to me, but hey ho.

Whats your opinion of calling someone who is actually likely to read it a retard? Personally, I don't mind swearing but remarks like that are offensive and unnecessary.

reddishblue

reddishblue

He said the other day he's a Barcelona supporter.

reddishblue

Quote from: goat on April 08, 2018, 00:38:50
Even i have limits, he seems dangerous

It's Cito in disguise. Don't worry.

gavin

I much prefer wanker though it's better not to insult other board members at all as it often ends in an unseemly mess.

I found Pep saying that Raiola should respect dogs funny indeed the other day even though the insult did seem to antagonise him somewhat. His point about being offered Pogba was revealing and salient too.

Yes, Pep said he's a Barca fan. Fair enough. I just wish he was a bit more receptive to what City fans want. Though, again, the first half performance was more than good enough bar the finishing. Indeed, it was our incredible dominance in the first half that made the defeat so shocking.

reddishblue

nimrod

Quote from: Lekos on April 08, 2018, 08:15:53

I suspect Paddy was like a lot of us older City, winning this particular derby was a once in a lifetime opportunity to really stuff it to the rags after all the years of piss taking we have put up with from them, seeing a bench with KDB, Aguero, Walker, Jesus sat on it and not playing a No 9 at all at home was a real pisser, think I called Pep a daft twot to my missus, but I can understand Paddy calling him a wanker after those red wankers scored 3, its just an emotion thing, lets face it, no City fan thinks Pep is a wanker..........still cant understand Pep and his motives for this though, did he tell them to relax and take foot off pedal a bit at his half time talk ? save energy for Tuesday maybe ?

Rowley Birkin QC

Winning the Champions League was probably the first on the list of Pep's KPI's when he 'applied' for the job. Our Arab Friends want to win it.

I am sure Pep is only too well aware of the importance of the derby to the fans (he knows all about derbies) and any compromise he made on Saturday was done with a heavy heart - but while there's still a possibility - he felt obliged to juggle things around to give us the best chance possible of pulling off a minor miracle on Tuesday. Thanks to poor finishing and defensive errors (and some shite refereeing) it back-fired badly - but hardly a reason to call Pep's understanding of the club he manages into question.

What should be called into question is his surprisingly cautious tactics / team selection at Anfield which got us into this mess in the first place (decisions that were most likely made - ironically - with the 'Premiership confirming' derby in mind). This sequence of games could not have fallen at a worst time for us really. Pep decided to manage his resources rather than go all-out; got some decisions wrong at the start; and everything snowballed from there. Massive cock-up - but you can see how these things happen. The one thing I'll say in his defence is that he's not been well served by recent injuries.

Lekos

zacc

Rightly we're all upset and express it different ways.
Pep is probably not a City fan more likely to be a Barca fan, still he's brought a style of football
to City we've loved.
Annoyingly Klopp has his measure & turns City over & Pep seems to have know answer to it.
Have to say Saturday was typical City which in some ways made me smile.
City will win EPL just not happened yet  >:(
CL is lost and Pep hasn't got City further than previously .
Same ol' same ol'     

nimrod

I think its about 10 years since takeover, weve had 1 semi final appearance in CL in that time

Maybe the Sheikh will be asking Pep why the defence is shit and why we bottle it in big games.