News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

City Liverpool Thread

Started by KunDB, April 10, 2018, 18:40:27

Previous topic - Next topic

silvablue

Quote from: nimrod on April 10, 2018, 22:10:14
Taking Silva off was crazy, we lost our midfield dominance

Pep has to share some blame for these 3 losses.
But the squad needs changing for next season, some players are not good enough for this level, we could get good money for Jesus, Sterling and Otamendi, we should sell them and buy better.

I think it is easy to over react after such a disappointment, but there has to be clinical analysis. Good as our season has been the frailties have been identified and I think top of the list is defence then lack of sharpness from key players up front, possible including Sterling and Sane and Silva. One we could carry, but three or more lacking sharpness is just too heavy a burden.

We need real quality in defence, world class quality.

nimrod

Quote from: silvablue on April 10, 2018, 22:15:24
I think it is easy to over react after such a disappointment, but there has to be clinical analysis. Good as our season has been the frailties have been identified and I think top of the list is defence then lack of sharpness from key players up front, possible including Sterling and Sane and Silva. One we could carry, but three or more lacking sharpness is just too heavy a burden.

We need real quality in defence, world class quality.

Agreed but we already have the worlds most expensive defence, will the Arabs sanction even more on defenders ?

Lekos

Quote from: nimrod on April 10, 2018, 22:10:14
Taking Silva off was crazy, we lost our midfield dominance

Pep has to share some blame for these 3 losses.
But the squad needs changing for next season, some players are not good enough for this level, we could get good money for Jesus, Sterling and Otamendi, we should sell them and buy better.

Sell Jesus? 21 years old, first season out of Brazil and 16 goals. I think you've over koskenkorva salmiakki'd your coffee mate.

We need Mendy back as well. Laporte is no left back.

KunDB

I am delighted Pep has finally decided to strike back publically at referees who are incompetent, and appear imo to have a bias against City.

After the match tonight he clearly criticised the actions, more accurately inaction, of Martin Atkinson and the repeat failings of Spanish referee Antonio Mateu Lahoz who once again acted incorrectly denying City in an important CL tie. He noted, quite rightly, that referee Antonio Mateu Lahoz was hell bent on being the centre of attention. Peps sending off was just plain bias, imo.

nimrod

Quote from: Lekos on April 10, 2018, 22:40:49
Sell Jesus? 21 years old, first season out of Brazil and 16 goals. I think you've over koskenkorva salmiakki'd your coffee mate.

We need Mendy back as well. Laporte is no left back.

I just dont rate him so highly, yeah he's scored a few tap ins (like Sterling) but against bigger teams he just seems to run around a lot (like Sterling)
Maybe loan him our or something but he's not in Aguero's class imo, we need to buy better.

Hope Roma win it now, Dzeko and Kola :)

gavin

It was a decent effort in the first half. To pull back such a lead we needed one or two things to go for us and they didn't, again. These players have done a very good job over the season.

lee

lets not be to down lads...city init

lee

bet paddys flag was air rifled to fook in the first half!!

nimrod

Quote from: lee on April 10, 2018, 23:08:31
lets not be to down lads...city init

Yeah its City  :D

Just wanna beat Spuds now

Lekos

Quote from: nimrod on April 10, 2018, 22:57:52
I just dont rate him so highly, yeah he's scored a few tap ins (like Sterling) but against bigger teams he just seems to run around a lot (like Sterling)
Maybe loan him our or something but he's not in Aguero's class imo, we need to buy better.

Hope Roma win it now, Dzeko and Kola :)

He's definitely not in Aguero's class (at the moment) but they are also differebt style players.  Crisp finish from him for the goal today (unlike Sterling).

He's not the finished article but i think he's pretty decent.

Lekos

Quote from: lee on April 10, 2018, 23:09:57

Haha

nimrod

Quote from: Lekos on April 10, 2018, 23:15:48
He's definitely not in Aguero's class (at the moment) but they are also differebt style players.  Crisp finish from him for the goal today (unlike Sterling).

He's not the finished article but i think he's pretty decent.

If he hammers in a hatrick at Spuds I'll call myself a cnut

goat

Quote from: nimrod on April 10, 2018, 23:18:13
If he hammers in a hatrick at Spuds I'll call myself a cnut

Nah I wouldn't mate

We will for you  ;D

nimrod

Quote from: lee on April 10, 2018, 23:09:57

Where is he tonight

I miss his threads  :D

nimrod

Dont normally agree with Sourness but he has a point.

https://youtu.be/CSzheeOt28s

lee

i reckon football would be better without scottish football pundits

nimrod

Quote from: lee on April 10, 2018, 23:54:05
i reckon football would be better without scottish football pundits

And without EUFA

silvablue

The big failure over these three games against Liverpool is Peps tactics. It reminds me of King Kev. Sometimes you have to be pragmatic, rely on a strong defence and accept you cannot alway control games.

Hesperus

I don’t think Pep will compromise his philosophy to be pragmatic when needed. As such, we are likely to always see these types of results from time to time.

I don’t ageee with it, but as others have said it works 90-95% of the time, where we play amazing attacking football.

Lekos

Pretty much what Hesp said.  We should't change the way we play just because of one team.