News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

City v Boro Match Thread

Started by 93:2012, January 24, 2015, 14:36:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Rowley Birkin QC

Our substitutions do seem to be very one dimensional.

Hesperus

Indefensible result really. We seem to be following the same pattern as the season after we first won the prem only worse. I'm gutted we've thrown away our chances in the league and fa cups without putting in any real performances. If we lose to Chelsea and get knocked out by Barca the season could go down the pan very quickly.

I'm also seriously pissed off that during a time we could be dominating we've let our rivals (Arse, scum and dippers) in with a really good chance of picking up silverware and gaining more confidence.

So far this season we've had stuttering league form, we were bloody lucky to get into knock out rounds of the champs league and we've gone out of the cups early.  Very disappointed this morning.

Zabba

Fact is this squad is hugely underperforming and massively overrated. Yea they have won the PL twice but a very poor PL and lost it to an extremely poor Utd side.

Our performances in the CL have exposed the real ability level of this squad. Like Celtic capable of putting up a big CL performance now and again through sheer effort and concentration, but in general not a realistic challenger to win it.

A summer clear out is sorely required followed by a rebuild.

goat

Quote from: bluebrendan on January 25, 2015, 00:05:08

I intend to -

Jason Van Blerk
Tony Vaughan
Kit Symons
Alan Kernaghan
Darren Wassall
Scott Hiley
Matt Mills
Paul Beesley

And on today's performance throw Kompany in there as well, worst I've seen him play since Hughesless had him in midfield.

considering that team i didnt think hiley was that bad seeing as he stepped up from exeter or some shit

dont forget matts dad danny

Tricky Trev

Although those players mentioned are worse, we could buy them all for 1 mil, instead of 40. It's such a poor investment, in a time where money is precious. You could make the same case about Fernando. The gamble with Fernandinho paid off last season, he was very much an unknown and a brazilian. But where the fuck is he this season? Shittegrini is not a winner, and I'm sick to death watching city do major feckups SEVERAL times throughout a season. So many changes, but city is still city, why? A few steps forward, then twice the amount back. It shouldn't be possible to lose vs boro.

Zabba

Quote from: TrickyTrev on January 25, 2015, 15:18:44
Although those players mentioned are worse, we could buy them all for 1 mil, instead of 40. It's such a poor investment, in a time where money is precious. You could make the same case about Fernando. The gamble with Fernandinho paid off last season, he was very much an unknown and a brazilian. But where the fuck is he this season? Shittegrini is not a winner, and I'm sick to death watching city do major feckups SEVERAL times throughout a season. So many changes, but city is still city, why? A few steps forward, then twice the amount back. It shouldn't be possible to lose vs boro.

I feel your pain.

The salary and transfer fee of the current squad makes comparison to poor City totally irrelevant; then we were just a Boro level club with championship level players now we are more a top level club with top players.

We do several major fuck ups a season because of player/team complacency which is now an ingrained characteristic. We lost at home to an inferior team Saturday because they wanted the win massively more than we did and they were 100% committed and together as a team, we were not.

We even chilled Abu Dhabi for another day because players and manager were so confident they could win no matter what the preparation. Sheer arrogance and we fans pay the price. The manager is bound to have sought player opinion on this late return.

I am alright with Pellegrini but he needs to show he can deliver now and that players need to fear him; by dropping underperformers and selling them. He had no bother shitting all over Nastastic, he needs to drop and sell a few more and send players a clear, 'clear as a bell' message, play 100% every game or rot on the bench or in the reserves. He needs to sort defence asap or it will be bye bye to the Champions League.

The way it works now is no matter how lazy and pathetic you play you will still get picked (in rotation).