News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

City v Boro Match Thread

Started by 93:2012, January 24, 2015, 14:36:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Lekos

Quote from: andy1966 on January 24, 2015, 17:14:04
Quote from: Lekos on January 24, 2015, 17:10:36
Quote from: andy1966 on July 05, 1974, 00:18:48
i agree with everything you said

You must be pissed because you've already posted that a few minutes ago.
Afternoon stalker , wondered when you would show up
Goat let you out of the shed then ?

Stalker. Very ingenious of you using that word, firstly on a forum, and secondly one that the aforementioned goat used to use all the time. You don't need to copy him.

goat

pick a name and stick with it

and in a common sense and having seen them play kind of way, pretty sure mangala has had more good games than tony vaughn and nick fenton already

citoeast

The team is underperforming because we have messed around with team selection way too much. Play a consistent team of 11 from now to the ends of the season in the PL and CL.

Kompany is suffering because of not having a partner with whom he can build a partnership with.

Cabellero was crap today.

Navas is ineffective and Fernando and fernandinho are one and the same in style of play.

Kolorov just never gets better.

Aguero is not match fit.

Makes me think everything is being tuned up for the CL; which is a massive mistake in my opinion.

goat

any reason id have him in a shed?

Ludo

I'm struggling to think of a player that Pellegrini has brought in that's actually made us better.

Lekos

So much for that "winter break" and shithouse game in Dubai, eh. I blame City Slicker and Alexsam.

goat

Quote from: Ludo on January 24, 2015, 17:22:14
I'm struggling to think of a player that Pellegrini has brought in that's actually made us better.

fernandinho was massive last season

citoeast

Pellegrini is a coach not manager; he has brought no one in.

Ludo

Quote from: goat on January 24, 2015, 17:23:13

fernandinho was massive last season

Yeah, fair enough.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Quote from: goat on January 24, 2015, 17:20:57

Cos you keep him as your gimp and he loves it!!

Lekos

the signings last summer obviously affected by FFP.  More utility players signed, which isn't Pellegrini's fault...though we still did manage to spend £30m + on Mangala, who will come good eventually (hopefully).

Will be interesting to see what Bony does n'all.  Maybe Dzeko will be sacked off in the summer.

Lekos

Quote from: Durk on January 24, 2015, 17:39:32

Hey up; it's the three pint wonder!

Swiss

Quote from: goat on January 24, 2015, 17:07:29
Quote from: TrickyTrev on January 24, 2015, 17:00:11
How this clown still has a job is beyond me. I'm sick of this shit again, just like mancini he won the league more by the other teams failure than city being great. Then this second season, where the transfers are catastrophic, HOW CAN MANGALA BE SO BAD BUT WORTH 40 mil? Yes it's still early but currently he's the worst defender I have seen at the club in 20 years - and when you add in his price it's very embarrassing. In every single aspect city has regressed. It's by dumb luck(and sometimes incredible individual skill) city is positioned second, city have been AWFUL all season.

Fooking hell I'm frustrated, it's beyond disgusting what shittegrini is doing with this team- what an embarrassment.

In before the Heu heu you're the embarrassment comments.

another graduate of the citopest school of over fucking doing it

charvet
granville
etc etc

20 years was a bit much really!!! Sun Jihai!!!! To be fair, after Seaman left Sun picked up!
Ben Thatcher
Mike Frontzec
Murtaz Shelia... We could go on!
To be fair to Murtaz, I think he had a higher strike rate than some of our strikers  :D

Anyway, another shocking game from us. I wonder how long before Guardiola's name's being mentioned again!

And then with him a bumper new deal of £200m for sponsoring our training kit, allowing us to purchase Messi :D And then we still fail to score! Ahh City! 8)

gavin

I didn't think we were too bad first half. On another day we could have had a couple of goals and their keeper was well worked for the last 20 or so. We were again very wasteful and guilty of trying to walk it in too often but we were dominating them and there seemed to be little danger. I wasn't particularly worried at half time.

Second half was poor indeed. We didn't look like scoring for much of it and they always looked dangerous on the break. We should be doing a lot, lot better. There's a number of problems that need addressing, players that are playing poorly. We don't have that killer touch up front and we always look close to calamity at the back and it is a dreadful combination. It could be that we just need a break at the right time and things will come good again but I'd like to see the manager do something to sort it now. You can't wave a magic wand to get attackers scoring, I think that is the bit that may come good on its own when some of the boys hit form, but you can organise a defence.

Nothing to do with the trip to Abu Dhabi, if anything we seemed a bit more energetic than in other matches of late. We just aren't playing very well and it didn't start this week in Abu Dhabi!

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Quote from: Lekos on January 24, 2015, 17:41:15
Quote from: Durk on January 24, 2015, 17:39:32

Hey up; it's the three pint wonder!

Ye......yee.....

Swiss

Fernandinho had a good season last year, not sure whats up this season but he looks a shadow of himself.
Negredo was on fire at the start of last season but tailed off.

Not sure whats changed this season, maybe what we need is a nice guy but someone who can bollock the players too

Rowley Birkin QC

Well - I thought we were good value in the first half. Just failed to convert it into goals unfortunately. Second half Boro came out with a lot more determination and we suddenly looked a bit nonplussed and flat footed. Even then, we still threatened from time to time but just could find the killer pass or finish. With either Yaya or Nasri on the pitch I think we'd have won fairly comfortably - but credit to Boro for some resolute and well organised defending. Unlike us..

I am starting to get a little tired of the "let's throw on Lampard" tactic in every game when things aren't going our way - like it's some magic touchstone or something.

Of the two centre backs I actually thought Boyata was better than Kompany.  ???  Vincent looked more than a little out of sorts for the whole match, and the joke booking he then picked up (which should have gone the other the way - the Boro player hooked his arm through Kompany's and then pulled him down - but Dowd and the linesman completely conned) made Kompany even more tentative and uncertain of himself.

Quote from: Swiss on January 24, 2015, 22:58:28
Fernandinho had a good season last year, not sure whats up this season but he looks a shadow of himself.

The fact that Pellers seems to prefer Fernando to him can't be helping his confidence, Having said that - neither of the two F's played particularly well today.

Neil Mcnab

The players arrived back from Abu Dhabi yesterday. If they had been playing Chelsea in the league today, you can guarantee that would not have happened. We havent taken the FA cup or the opposition seriously, I felt certain we would lose.

We havent been playing well and I dont think we will win the league. We could have a decent run in the chumps league, as Boro have shown desire, hard work and a well set up team can bridge the gap in class in a cup competition. We have some really good players, so the gap is not huge. I just doubt that some of our players have the hunger.

bluebrendan

Quote from: Swiss on January 24, 2015, 18:29:46
Quote from: goat on January 24, 2015, 17:07:29
Quote from: TrickyTrev on January 24, 2015, 17:00:11
How this clown still has a job is beyond me. I'm sick of this shit again, just like mancini he won the league more by the other teams failure than city being great. Then this second season, where the transfers are catastrophic, HOW CAN MANGALA BE SO BAD BUT WORTH 40 mil? Yes it's still early but currently he's the worst defender I have seen at the club in 20 years - and when you add in his price it's very embarrassing. In every single aspect city has regressed. It's by dumb luck(and sometimes incredible individual skill) city is positioned second, city have been AWFUL all season.

Fooking hell I'm frustrated, it's beyond disgusting what shittegrini is doing with this team- what an embarrassment.

In before the Heu heu you're the embarrassment comments.

another graduate of the citopest school of over fucking doing it

charvet
granville
etc etc

20 years was a bit much really!!! Sun Jihai!!!! To be fair, after Seaman left Sun picked up!
Ben Thatcher
Mike Frontzec
Murtaz Shelia... We could go on!
To be fair to Murtaz, I think he had a higher strike rate than some of our strikers  :D

Anyway, another shocking game from us. I wonder how long before Guardiola's name's being mentioned again!

And then with him a bumper new deal of £200m for sponsoring our training kit, allowing us to purchase Messi :D And then we still fail to score! Ahh City! 8)

I intend to -

Jason Van Blerk
Tony Vaughan
Kit Symons
Alan Kernaghan
Darren Wassall
Scott Hiley
Matt Mills
Paul Beesley

And on today's performance throw Kompany in there as well, worst I've seen him play since Hughesless had him in midfield.

shandon

Quote from: Sir Rowley Birkin QC on January 24, 2015, 23:21:32
Well - I thought we were good value in the first half. Just failed to convert it into goals unfortunately. Second half Boro came out with a lot more determination and we suddenly looked a bit nonplussed and flat footed. Even then, we still threatened from time to time but just could find the killer pass or finish. With either Yaya or Nasri on the pitch I think we'd have won fairly comfortably - but credit to Boro for some resolute and well organised defending. Unlike us..

I am starting to get a little tired of the "let's throw on Lampard" tactic in every game when things aren't going our way - like it's some magic touchstone or something.

Of the two centre backs I actually thought Boyata was better than Kompany.  ???  Vincent looked more than a little out of sorts for the whole match, and the joke booking he then picked up (which should have gone the other the way - the Boro player hooked his arm through Kompany's and then pulled him down - but Dowd and the linesman completely conned) made Kompany even more tentative and uncertain of himself.

Quote from: Swiss on January 24, 2015, 22:58:28

The fact that Pellers seems to prefer him over Fernando can't be helping his confidence, Having said that - neither of the two F's played particularly well today.

I would've thought Dzeko should have come on earlier than with 12 minutes left.