News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Time for change?

Started by citoeast, January 25, 2015, 14:42:24

Previous topic - Next topic

citoeast

Is it time to consider significant change this summer if we want to step up to the next level?

Yes I know we have won 2 out of the last 3 Premier League titles and we are going through a mini loss of form, not the end of the world. I tend to use the Champion League as a watermark for our level, and that tells me we are nowhere near being at the top table yet.

I think something has to give either our system or our players. 

My biggest grumble is do we need to rotate so much, can we not keep a consistent spine and back four for the PL at least?

Our tactics are all to one dimensional and far too often rely on moments of individual brillance to deliver the killer blow and a win.

Too often we lack real committment and conviction taking our foot of the pedal and cruising or starting a game slowly; to the point that it has become a trait of our play.

We rely on wingers who are totally incapable of being effective, they cannot cross with purpose and pinpoint accuracy it is all hit and hope. Not that it matters anyway as we cannot head a ball or win balls in the air, it is all about walking the ball into the opponents net. We all know how shit we are at corners and  free kicks.

Our subsitution policy seems to be throw on more attackers, like for like or as a last desperate roll of the dice throw on Frank Lampard.

Our defence is a shambles and has looked vulnerable all season. Yet it is constantly and needlessly rotated with the lapses never addressed. It speaks volumes that Kompany has become one of our underperforming players.

I think real hard analysis is needed come summer, whether or not we retain the PL, and hard decisions made if we are to push on to the next level.

Neil Mcnab

Not a time to change the manager. I cant see a significant addition to the squad other than Bony in this window. So we are stuck with what we have got.

Its down to Pellegrini to fix the problems. A settled CB pairing would be a start.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

He was given the task of winning 5 cups in 5 years. He's on two in 18 months and still has two to play for.

Ludo

I don't think we need a major overhaul just a trimming out of the deadwood.

Navas, Kolarov, Fernando for a start and bring a few of the kids into the picture once in a while.

citoeast

I would not be in favour of changing the manager (we could end up with LvG or Moanieo)  but I would be in favour of replacing a few (or more) of the current squad this summer and we will almost certainly lose Yaya by no choice of ours.

I would not mind losing the high line defence sometimes, especially at free kicks around our box. I would also like to see players on the post for corners,

gavin

Not yet but I am sure he will be assessed this summer as the manager is every summer. I wouldn't be massively surprised to see the back of him if we go out to Barca without much of a fight and don't win the league. For most of the season we haven't had the attacking verve he was brought in for. There is no disputing that the defence has gone backwards since Mancini left. Still we are still in the two main competitions - it could still be a glorious season. Doubtful at the moment to say the least though.