News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Chavs v Champions Thread

Started by 93:2012, January 31, 2015, 16:33:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Kilkenny Blue

How did Matic not get a yellow card?

BTW, Thiery Henry is a shite pundit.

Zabba

We were far and away the better team just needed a bit of luck against the Chelsea parked bus (at home!) second half, .

Great comeback goal first half.

gavin

Well played City. Much the better side as Chelsea played like a small team again. Our corners letting us down again though. 8 this week and I cannot remember one that caused any bother. We really didn't create enough with our dominance. We were far too patient with 5 minutes left. We needed the win more than them.

Clattenberg was Chelsea's man of the match, Fernando gets booked for two fouls apparently but Matic doesn't get booked for loads.

Zabba

Quote from: gavin on January 31, 2015, 19:26:04
Well played City. Much the better side as Chelsea played like a small team again. Our corners letting us down again though. 8 this week and I cannot remember one that caused any bother. We really didn't create enough with our dominance. We were far too patient with 5 minutes left. We needed the win more than them.

Clattenberg was Chelsea's man of the match, Fernando gets booked for two fouls apparently but Matic doesn't get booked for loads.

First minute extra time corner hits feet of Chelsea defender at edge of Chelsea box???????

Typical referee Silva kicked stupid and no bookings, Hazard touched and yellow card straight out.

guidebridgeblue

What a sickener, pretty much outplayed them

silvablue

A good performance just lacking the winning goal, we seem devoid of creativity post Christmas and return of our strikers.

Sagna played well and provided pace and some aerial threat.

Ludo

A much improved performance from the last two or three games.

Sagna did well considering he hasn't played for a while and Navas too, although his final ball and his corner taking still leave a lot to be desired. Fernando's still shit though.

Tricky Trev

Improved yes, but it still reminded me of the many draws we've had vs Arsenal. City may have looked the better team, creating the most chances and all that good jazz. But it still ended up in a draw, city still failed to deliver the final blow so in the end, another failed opportunity.

5 points up to Chelsea, 5 points down to the scum of the earth. Disappointing.

Rowley Birkin QC

Disappointing not to win? Yes - but we played very well, and not a bad result considering some of the Doom and Gloom being posted in the Predictions thread!

Right from the start our movement and tempo were good and we sustained it for most of the match. The two F's kept finding a little space in the middle and kept us playing. Fernandinho especially looked more like his old self.

One of Navas' better games (aside from his corner kicks...), Milner worked tirelessly, and Sagna was very impressive at right back (although I did wonder if he had the right studs in after two bad slips inside the the first 5 minutes). Sliva was very well marshalled by Matic (who certainly should have been booked) but he still managed to get involved and did really well to get on the end of Aguero's 'shot'.

A Chelsea performance typical of the dull, negative - play the percentages - football you get from Mourinho. So they had a couple of big names missing? But so did we - and that's the best the 'champions elect' had to offer us - at home!? Don't think they had a single shot on our goal after they scored. Pathetic!

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Hesperus

Chelsea wanted a point and got it. We came with and attacking intent and they didn't.  Thought we were pretty toothless up front to be honest. Chelsea's will have been very pleased with the result.

zacc

Pleased to see City finishing strongly least they were trying to win at the end.
Chavs looked worn out from their mid week game and wonder how they feel losing to Bradford ?
:D

bluebrendan

A good performance overall just tarnished a bit by their goal, yet again the opposition get one good chance in the 90 minutes via slipshod defending and they score from it.

As Zabba posted above Clichy was outmuscled far too easily by Willian in the build-up and while I realise that Pellegrini likes a narrow back four I doubt it extends to leaving the most dangerous opponent with the time and space to make that volleyed cross.