News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

as rare as rocking hore shit filled with hens teeths

Started by goat, October 28, 2018, 10:20:30

Previous topic - Next topic

goat

gavin

He's one of the very few from our past who wouldnt look out of place today. Class footballer. It was great to watch him.

bluebrendan

Fabulous player, that performance at Sheffield Wednesday was something else.

goat

bluebrendan

Quote from: goat on November 01, 2018, 17:24:50
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XexNSmKtQg
We played some cracking football that season, Ali B and Eyal on top form and the real Goat - not some dodgy impostor from S.Wales  :D - banging in the goals.

lee

thanks for the vids..really enjoyable and brought back loads of memories

Rowley Birkin QC

Never quite sure if it's true, but none the less I always liked the story that Ali Benarbia turned up at City just tagging along with a mate - who was the real focus of City's interest. Keegan however suddenly remembered Benarbia from a Newcastle loss to Monaco - and he was told to stick some boots on so they could have a look at him. The rest is history. Surely the best free transfer business we ever did!

Swiss

Quote from: gavin on October 28, 2018, 21:21:14
He's one of the very few from our past who wouldnt look out of place today. Class footballer. It was great to watch him.

And much better than the former world player of the year...

bluebrendan

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on November 10, 2018, 21:04:48
Never quite sure if it's true, but none the less I always liked the story that Ali Benarbia turned up at City just tagging along with a mate - who was the real focus of City's interest. Keegan however suddenly remembered Benarbia from a Newcastle loss to Monaco - and he was told to stick some boots on so they could have a look at him. The rest is history. Surely the best free transfer business we ever did!
Not quite - Alioune Toure, who had been with Ali B at PSG, was on loan at City and Ali B had called in to see him after a trial at Sunderland(?) and KK did indeed remember him from a CL game with Monaco. Toure was the player who got a DVT later that season.

Rowley Birkin QC

My memory has always been a touch inconsistent Brendan! 

gavin

I think Toure already had DVT previously but forgot to mention it at his medical and it was not picked up.