News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Hughes sacked again

Started by gavin, December 03, 2018, 11:40:34

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

Where next? Could this be the end of him as a prem manager? There were some who wanted him shown more patience as City manager...

The Blue Blooded Maniac

It's got to be his turn at West Brom or something?

bluebrendan

Quote from: The Blue Blooded Maniac on December 03, 2018, 12:17:04
It's got to be his turn at West Brom or something?
What have West Brom done to upset you?

KunDB

When we FINALLY got shot of him, the media was overflowing with criticism and condemnation of us for sacking one of the very best English managers. How dare we replace him with a foreign manager, Mancini.

Lekos

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Quote from: bluebrendan on December 03, 2018, 22:20:57
What have West Brom done to upset you?

Fair enough, I think they've suffered enough over the years with shit managers.

shandon

My breifish summary of Hughes as a manger: he did OK at Blackburn and was mediocre at City.
He was then at QPR in time to be saved by Aguero's 93rd minute league winning goal.

I can't remember what he then did at Fulham mainly because his time at QPR and Fulham back to back feels like he was at the same club, as those two were - are(?) indistinguishable from each other.

He was ok at times but left Stoke on bad terms and then 'saved' Southampton on the day we destroyed them with Jesus last minute '100 point' goal.

I just noticed since he left us he keeps popping up on final days when we have something at stake. A bit spooky actually  :-[

His next job I think will be Watford, Huddersfield Town or Fulham (again!) or Cardiff City. But he is running out of clubs to manage by now!

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Cardiff's a good shout, he can live next door to goat! Not sure who would have the worse deal there though?

shandon

Neil Mcnab

Can pick a player Kompany and Zabba spring to mind. Bobbinsho was pushed on him. Can also choose shit, Crocky Santa Cruz, paid treble what anyone else would pay for the walking wounded. Though memory serves it was worth it for Crockys wife. Did well at Blackburn a long time ago. No good for us, or anyone else now. Or having been at the Saints, he could move onto the new Saints.

goat

Quote from: shandon on December 06, 2018, 21:39:20
I forgot Hughes is Welsh  :)

i can remind you daily if you want

shandon

He must be almost gone native by now since he's been in England the last 20 or 30 years :D

goat

from north wales so the scouse can have him