News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Who to leave out?

Started by gavin, February 03, 2015, 21:09:54

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

http://sport.bt.com/sport-football/news/tough-choices-for-pellegrini-S11363959510926

So it seems we need to leave someone out of the Chumps league squad again. Personally I would leave out Caballero as he is the least likely to be needed.

Ludo

Too risky.

Sagna possibly or either Dzeko or Jovetic.

Swiss

Ha Ha, could reignite Richard Wright's career! Has he ever played for the first team?

bluebrendan

Quote from: Swiss on February 03, 2015, 23:23:56
Ha Ha, could reignite Richard Wright's career! Has he ever played for the first team?

Only in friendlies I think. Too risky to hang Willy out to dry, I'd leave Jovetic out, he hasn't really pushed on this season and let's face it if anyone is going to get injured it's likely to be him.

alexsam

Quote from: bluebrendan on February 04, 2015, 10:53:55

Only in friendlies I think. Too risky to hang Willy out to dry, I'd leave Jovetic out, he hasn't really pushed on this season and let's face it if anyone is going to get injured it's likely to be him.

Aint it always

Zabba

I am becoming somewhat disappointed by Jovetic, more show pony rather than thoroughbred.

That said Dzeko has been replaced by a (hopefully) like but superior player; Bony.

So it is bye bye Dzeko for CL and City this Summer.

Swiss

Quote from: alexsam on February 04, 2015, 13:09:23
Quote from: bluebrendan on February 04, 2015, 10:53:55

Aint it always

The Blue Blooded Maniac

goat

fuckin archer bandwaggon jumpers

Leewonpen

Jovetic apparently (MEN).

That's him on his way.......?

clevblue

Ludo was 1/3 right.

Jovetic keeps saying "You'll see the best of me this season" but it doesn't happen - this will be a big blow to him

Swiss

Quote from: goat on February 05, 2015, 14:20:44
fuckin archer bandwaggon jumpers

Hark at thee "I liked Archer before it was even created!"

Guess tht's a good bye to Jovetic this summer then!

goat

im so far ahead i dont actually like it anymore

jovetic is class but just has not done it here, another bojinov

Ludo

Another player who shone in a slightly less competitive league but just doesn't have enough to do it here.

goat

Ludo

Skill, brains, pace, power.....take your pick.

goat

well he does have enough skill for england, not seen his gcse results so not sure about brains, power  is more of a rugby thing unless its a slightly less technical league like england and a few slow players have made a career out of football

strange tho, no pace, no skill and runs down blind alleys, sums up milner yet people rave about him

Ludo

Wether or not you rate the premier league as less 'technical' is pretty much irrelevant, that's the league he's failing to play in so that's where he has to be judged.

As for power, it's relative. Obviously he doesn't need the power of a rugby player but even a smaller player like Aguero has a physical presence that Jovetic lacks.

Academics aside jovetic's countless (and fruitless) flicks, tricks, skips and dives show he's not savvie enough to adapt. Perhaps a less pacey, slower Serie A suits him better now that it's not the elite league it was a few years ago.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Quote from: Ludo on February 06, 2015, 05:39:14
Perhaps a less pacey, slower Serie A suits him better now that it's not the elite league it was a few years ago.

Ludo