News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Ivory Coast

Started by shandon, February 05, 2015, 00:24:12

Previous topic - Next topic

shandon

They have made the African Cup of Nations final again.
Hopefully they can actually win it this time  :)

Stephen Paul

andy1966

"They have made the African Cup of Nations final again."

And that benefits city how ?

Surely it would be much better for the club , if they were knocked out at the earliest opportunity ?
or better still stop buying players that are going to go missing for two months on top of normal internationals
or if the competition was scrapped altogether

shandon

Once they made the semi finals I hoped they'd win it since if they lost I guess they would still play in the 3rd place playoff. Internationals apart from the world cup and the Euros don't do much for me either.
I don't know about scrapping it but it should be held every 4 years.

Lekos

Quote from: andy1966 on February 05, 2015, 10:31:48

Surely it would be much better for the club , if they were knocked out at the earliest opportunity ?
or better still stop buying players that are going to go missing for two months on top of normal internationals

I'm sure it could quite easily be argued that two top class players coming back having won an international tournament will boost the squad mentally, but I can't be bothered.

It is a pain in the arse, but it's one month every two years.  Calling for an international tournament to be scrapped because some bloke who likes collecting torches and reading about coal is a bit much.

goat

this aids cup is fucking dragging on, how many enter the bastard thing?

clevblue

So Yaya CAN run then!

andy1966

Quote from: Lekos on February 05, 2015, 10:59:34
Quote from: andy1966 on February 05, 2015, 10:31:48

I'm sure it could quite easily be argued that two top class players coming back having won an international tournament will boost the squad mentally, but I can't be bothered.

It is a pain in the arse, but it's one month every two years.  Calling for an international tournament to be scrapped because some bloke who likes collecting torches and reading about coal is a bit much.
Well i'd have thought some lefty stalker would agree with opening a few more pits ?
My first thought  was you made a constructive comment  ,  but obviously not
As if the African football federation would scrap their flagship tournament on my say so . Really? get real ! 
and as for the players one is lazy anyway so he will be tired , and the other is yet an  unknown quantity as a City player
and as for boosting the squad ? losing matches  and being knocked out of the FA cup because they are off on a jolly will hardly boost moral
but I suppose they can always  turn round at the end of the season and tell the squad "Hey at least we won something"

Lekos

If you're not a fan of people replying to your posts then you should probably retire from the interweb.

Not sure what a opening more mines has to do with your torch collection.

Swiss

Mention coal mines to a northerner and all hell breaks loose!

I don't know why people take offence to comments on the net...

Still, looks like Ghana are going through too

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Well they were before it kicked off. So to speak.

andy1966

Quote from: Lekos on February 05, 2015, 18:44:28
If you're not a fan of people replying to your posts then you should probably retire from the interweb.

Not sure what a opening more mines has to do with your torch collection.
Because they are not torches ?
Flame safety lamps , or Davy lamps to the layman,  some are very valuable investments worth tens of thousands of pounds 

Lekos

Lamp / torch. Let's not split hairs.

andy1966

Quote from: Lekos on February 06, 2015, 20:40:03
Lamp / torch. Let's not split hairs.
that's like saying rugby,  football , cricket  they are all balls what's the difference   :)

bry the guy

not only have they reached the final they now have to play a extra 30 mins.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Was out last night and didn't get in u til 6am then was up with me lad at 9. Watching the Ebola cup of inconvenience wondering how the feck am I still awake?