News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Carabao League Cup Final

Started by KunDB, February 24, 2019, 15:32:20

Previous topic - Next topic

KunDB

Ederson, Zinchenko, Laporte, Otamendi, Walker, Fernandinho, Silva (C), De Bruyne, Bernardo, Sterling, Aguero.

SUBS | Muric, Danilo, Kompany, Gundogan, Sane, Mahrez, Foden.

Come on City lets get our first trophy of the season.

gavin

Strongest possible team. Pep loves winning trophies. Come on City.

KunDB

I hope Walker performs at his best today.

bry the guy

we have already had 2 good results this weekend with the girls and the rags lets make it 3.

gavin

Tough half with Chelsea being so negative in approach. Under circumstances like this when we do get the chance to break on teams we have to do it with purpose.

gavin

So VAR painstakingly shows that Sergio was level but they confirm the goal as disallowed! Can understand the linesman thinking he was because of his body shape - I initially thought he was. But then they showed the still of him being absolutely level with the defender's foot.

gavin

Why is Jorginho not sent off for a clear amd deliberate professional foul????

gavin

The team trhat was trying to win throughout won. Great to have another trophy in the bag. Really pleased that Raheem took the final pen and banged it in. He grows as a player every week.

KunDB

Best team won albeit the bad way penalty shoot out. Retained the trophy and what a good weekend Spurs losing Liverpool only drawing.   

Pep is magic.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

First time we've ever retained a trophy!!

A huge boost to the club and instils the confidence in the players that they are capable of winning against anyone in any competition.

Well done to Raheem aswell for netting the winner.

Neil Mcnab

A poor game to watch, neutrals must have switched of not long into it. First trophy, hope there are a few more yet. Though Chelsea put up more of a fight, Sarri has been left looking like more of a clown over his keepers antics.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Oh was nice to see Sideshow Bob miss his penalty aswell :D

Swiss

Poor game really,  neither of us looked like scoring.

Still, the game will be remembered more for the Sarri/ kepa saga than the match itself

lee

Quote from: Neil Mcnab on February 24, 2019, 20:15:22
A poor game to watch, neutrals must have switched of not long into it. First trophy, hope there are a few more yet. Though Chelsea put up more of a fight, Sarri has been left looking like more of a clown over his keepers antics.

i like sarri..not his fault his goaly is a complete cnut..bet he's smoked 100 cigs after that

Bowdonblue

I didn't think it was a great game, but we won, so all is good.

Well, maybe not all. A Sunday kick off at 4.30PM and trains to catch back to Manchester for connections to get home being met meant I, and judging by the numbers of Blues walking to Wembley Park station at the same time, thousands of others missed the shoot out and trophy presentation as well.

It's left me feeling as though the day was wasted in a way. I was there, but I don't have the usual feelings of joy and happiness that's usual after a victory in a final. I may as well have stayed at home, and the train back to Manchester was filled with other City fans who possibly feel the same way as well.

I know it's not City's fault, but I will be E-mailing them and asking, forlornly probably, if some consideration for the match going fan can be taken into consideration when kick off times are decided for showcase events in London.

Myself and plenty of others spent a lot of money today and missed the whole point of being there due to the start time.You can't watch the climax because you have to get back to Manchester or risk being stranded. Perhaps others who found themselves in the same situation feel differently, but I can't help how I feel about it.

I'm sorry I'm not full of the joys of spring, and the weather down there today was like a gorgeous summers day it was so warm and sunny, but my reason to be there has passed me by.

gavin

Gutted for you Bowdon. The lack of consideration for the travelling fan is disgusting. I've not been to Wembley since 1999 - it is a long, exhausting day. They should have built the new ground in the midlands to be fair to everyone.

Bowdonblue

Yes, it's a shame these days the match going fan is not considered. I feel I wasted £250.

I E-mailed City and they confirmed the kick off times are totally out of their control.

I rely on public transport these days, but I probably won't bother going to Wembley if we get there again. I don't see the point when you can watch the conclusion on TV and enjoy the moment if we win.

I was checking the clock every 10 minutes or so during extra time worrying about getting home, and it shouldn't be like that in a cup final.

jingoe

I feel for you Bowdonblue. It is tense enough watching City without the added pressure of worrying about catching a train home

I expect that WHU fans are thinking along the same lines today