News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

VAR shite

Started by The Blue Blooded Maniac, February 24, 2019, 22:18:29

Previous topic - Next topic

The Blue Blooded Maniac

It's reassuring to see that refs in other countries are shite n all!!

🎥  Real Madrid awarded ridiculous penalty ... after VAR checked it via @OnefootballEN. Read it here:

https://1.ftb.al/zVit5nBYzU

gavin

So far it has done us no favours. I was all for it but it needs to improve a lot.

gavin

They need to speed it up. Just took 4 minutes to confirm an Ajax goal. You can tell in 30 seconds if its clear and obvious surely!!! Ajax winning 3-0 at Madrid - 4-2 on Agg.

KunDB

As always UEFA have distorted its use. 'Clear and obvious errors' is all it should be used for and thereis absolutely no need to stop the game until VAR officials have identified such an error.

Last night was farcial, one quick look told anyone it was not possible to say the ball was in or out and anyway it was a minor irrelevant decison in terms of the goal scored and therefore should not even have been considered.

bry the guy

Stephen Paul

dont really bother to much with European football as Uefa are the biggest bunch of corrupt bastards to walk this earth

Lekos

Quote from: gavin on March 05, 2019, 21:26:09
They need to speed it up. Just took 4 minutes to confirm an Ajax goal. You can tell in 30 seconds if its clear and obvious surely!!!

That was absolutely ridiculous!  Correct decision given in the end though.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Shite ref and VAR strike again!!

Rags awarded last minute penalty for the most obvious ball to hand you'll ever see!!

Absolutely unbelievable!!

gavin

It is getting ridiculous this now. The handball rule has changed beyond recognition. That was a travesty.

gavin

Only watched the second half. The rags never looked like scoring at all until gifted a penalty out of nothing by VAR.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

It's unreal, may aswell get rid of VAR. Atleast without it they had a bit of an excuse to being shite.

PSG were robbed.

The only plus I can see is that the rags will be easier to beat than PSG.

KunDB

How any referee could watch that and conclude that it was a 'clear and deliberate handball' is just beyond me. Referees should not be allowed to view slow motion replays for such incidents as it only distorts reality. The player had his back to the ball and the ball was fired powerfully hitting his arm (most likely via his leg).

As I said before UEFA has even managed to corrupt VAR.

gavin

Think defenders need to start consider getting their arms amputated because as soon as they get hit with the ball its a pen now.

Mr K

I am dead against VAR - it will kill the game. Sure refs get decisions wrong, they are human (almost) after all, but is VAR really helping? Imagine if VAR was around when Agüero became a City legend - it would have absolutely killed the moment! Tinfoil hat time, but all I can see is another method for the authorities to manipulate the game.

Re PSG - they only had themselves to blame - should have killed the game and didn't. The Utd penalty was a poor decision, but I think it was slightly more of a pen than Otamendi's last week - that was beyond a joke!

gavin

It could and should be an improvement but the implementation of it is all wrong. It should be done by the video refs as quickly as possible for clear and obvious mistakes only. Having the ref running to the side takes too long. Using it in conjunction with a complete rewrite of handball is wrong. If it takes more than a minute then its not clear and obvious, stick with the refs decision and get on with the game.