News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Lambert sacked by Villa

Started by andy1966, February 11, 2015, 19:58:36

Previous topic - Next topic

andy1966

gavin

Sacked him after Jan so he didn't have to spend much cash, tight sod.

Lekos

Kippax

Quote from: gavin on February 11, 2015, 20:06:52
Sacked him after Jan so he didn't have to spend much cash, tight sod.
Strange decision by the board, can't get my head around why they would sack him now.

Ludo

Simple really. He's crap.

Villa aren't showing any signs of improvement, they've scored 12 league goals, he left his leading scorer, Benteke, on the bench against Hull, let Darren Bent go to Derby and brought in Scott Sinclair.

A new manager will now have a blank sheet, I'm sure Lerner is already contemplating relegation and both he and a new manager can point the finger at lambert if they do go down.

goat

how have villa even stayed up the last few years?

John Gregory    England   February 1998   January 2002   190   82   52   56   43.16   1 UEFA Intertoto Cup   [29]
Graham Taylor    England   February 2002   May 2003   60   19   14   27   31.67   -   [25]
David O'Leary    Ireland   May 2003   July 2006   131   47   35   49   35.88   -   [30]
Martin O'Neill    Northern Ireland   August 2006   August 2010   190   80   60   50   42.11   -   [31]
Gérard Houllier    France   September 2010   June 2011   36   14   8   14   38.89   -   [32]
Alex McLeish    Scotland   June 2011   May 2012   42   9   17   16   21.43   -   [33]
Paul Lambert    Scotland   June 2012   February 2015   115   34   26   55   29.57   -

the state of that line up

Rowley Birkin QC

To be fair goat - Martin O'Neill was OK (worked his sides into the ground though - they always faded towards the end of a season)

The rest of that list, however, is indeed a sorry shambles

goat

that was a sort of copy and paste jobby ken, o neil was ok i guess and i just couldnt be arsed to tidy it up. gives tony some stats to look at tho

Swiss

Phwoar, stats!

Villa can sort of blame us a little... We took Barry and Milner off them and they were their driving force.

O'Neil got frustrated and went and it was all downhill from there! Should never have employed McLeish, was like us employing Hughes. If you don't have the fans backing from the start (and you're shit) then it's all down hill.

They sacked Lamberts number 2 for upsetting the players and then employed Keane...  :o
Screams to me that they don't know what they're doing!!!

They've got a few decent players, Vlaar, Benteke, Delph, Gabbi and N'Zogbia so it's hard to see why they've scored so few until you see Cleverly in the CM role!!! ;)

goat

tim sherwood, seems villa themselves dont give a fuck anymore

gavin

In many ways I think it would be better for their fans if they got relegated. It is soul destroying battling relegation or being in mid-table season after season. Much better to be relegated and come back up with a great season like we did under KK.

Swiss

Aren't they one of the teams that have always been in the top league?

gavin

Sinclair has scored for them. Okay Schwarzer made an arse of it but still it is notable. Leicester just scored to make it 2-1 Villa.

goat

Quote from: Swiss on February 15, 2015, 13:51:52

no, when i was a lad they were going up and down with city, lucky we palmed billy mcneill off on them

Swiss

Quote from: gavin on February 15, 2015, 14:19:31
Sinclair has scored for them. Okay Schwarzer made an arse of it but still it is notable. Leicester just scored to make it 2-1 Villa.

Haha, yer, not sure if it was terrible keeping or just one of those unlucky things that happen from time to time!

Quote from: goat on February 15, 2015, 14:48:21
Quote from: Swiss on February 15, 2015, 13:51:52

Showing your age a bit there! I must just be thinking prem league then

no, when i was a lad they were going up and down with city, lucky we palmed billy mcneill off on them

bry the guy

Billy Mcneill is the only manager to manage 2 clubs relegated in the same season.

shandon

Next season we could have Bournemouth in the Premier League and Villa in the championship  8)

alexsam

Quote from: bry the guy on February 15, 2015, 20:44:05
Billy Mcneill is the only manager to manage 2 clubs relegated in the same season.

I question the use of the word manage during that season

I see it all ending in tears for Villa. Sherwood strikes me as an angry manager. He is like a man with a fork in a world of soup.

Once the initial buzz has gone it will end up a mess. Hope not as Villa a good ground to go and we usually do well there.

Swiss

well he can't do much worse than Lambert!

goat

sinclair scored, still lost, still shit