News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Strikers and rest

Started by ebm1991, February 16, 2015, 12:57:29

Previous topic - Next topic

ebm1991

this season so far has not been to our usual standard, injuries and what ever but the truth is:

Jovetic is shit ,(at least in a city shirt) shoots 2 seconds earlier that he should making the ball always 1 meter wide from the goal.   Time to sell in Summer.

Dzeko to be fair has given us 10-20 goals per season and some of this goals were game winners but this season no where his best.   Time to sell in Summer.

Bony has to prove himeself in his new team and I am confident he will.
Kun enough said. still by far best ever striker.

Defence: player for player we do hacve quality but I believe it's Pelles job to get them working as a unit.

Midfield is good enough and should be only worked on. Maybe a new face in summer replacing another.

I honestly believe our problem this year is not scoring, our defending is a joke sometimes but if our strikers would score their chances we would have one more games even though our defence have played shit.

gavin

Jovetic just hasn't ever got going in a City shirt but I do reckon he has a good deal of talent. I doubt we'll ever get to see it now as he is never fit enough for long enough and his recent spate of failing to find form was probably his last decent chance barring more serious injuries for the other strikers. He could well go elsewhere and do well but he's just as likely to go and be an injury somewhere.

This time in last season Edin was pretty useless too. However he went on to score many crucial goals despite never actually managing to look a decent player. It is results that counts so he was worth his weight in gold for that. Not sure he will do it again but we must identify someon more likely before getting rid in the summer.

I agree that it is Pelles job to sort the defence. It has to be performing better by the end of the season or it should be goodbye to him.

Zabba

Jovetic I liken to Ballotelli. Clearly class but never going to deliver to the level he should. All show and tricks but without enough impact being delivered.

Defence a shambles, mainly due to Pelles obsessive and unnecessary rotation. Long past time to pick and stick by a first four.

Midfield is fine but a player with a bit more power and directness would help.

I would dump Joe, if we could get a more dependable and assertive goalie.

gavin

Midfield - why the hell are we playing the two Ferns together so often? Especially at home.

Rowley Birkin QC

Quote from: gavin on February 16, 2015, 21:21:58
Midfield - why the hell are we playing the two Ferns together so often? Especially at home.

Exploring, perhaps, what a world without Yaya might look like?

Based on what we've seen, not a world we want to visit just yet...

alexsam

Jovetic should concentrate on the basics first and then the fancy flicks. Too many times he has tried a flick either in our half of the pitch or just inside theirs. They do not come off and the ball is given away too cheaply with us on a push forward. We are then exposed.

The CL squad omission looks to have sealed his fate. It has in his words 'killed him'. Is there anyway back from that. I doubt it.

goat

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on February 17, 2015, 12:02:21
Quote from: gavin on February 16, 2015, 21:21:58

Exploring, perhaps, what a world without Yaya might look like?

Based on what we've seen, not a world we want to visit just yet...

so far it looks like a post-apocolyptic thing like mad max, expect dzeko to go batshit on a dune buggy thing

Neil Mcnab

Jovetic will have a good career, away from us. Needs to play, wont get much of a look in here.

Dzeko also needs regular time to look anything like. But still a very good player and can contribute with vital goals. Will he put up with shedloads of money and being sat on the bench a lot of the time while he is with us, now Bony has come in? If Jovetic and Kolarov go, he might feel isolated as well.

Midfield is fine? Toure is looking less and less like he can do a full game. Needs to be replaced over the summer, expect that to cost the most in the next transfer window. Between 30-50 million. Fernando isnt good enough at the moment, or ever probably. Navas, good, but need a bit better. The speed is there, not enough goals or proper delivery.

Mangala, a big improvement on Boyata. Better than Worf or Nasty? Inconsistent is the word, we cannot afford that.

Hart, a good goalkeeper. If he wasnt English, we would be looking elsewhere.