News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Guardiola improving players

Started by Paul lakes knee, October 21, 2019, 08:41:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul lakes knee

Can you think of any he hasn't improved whilst at City? I'm sure some will say Ota, but he was brilliant season before last.

goat

mangala, bravo and probably stones

Paul lakes knee

The Blue Blooded Maniac

To be fair he got shut of Mangala pretty quickly and got Ederson in as soon as he saw that Bravo was a flapper.

Stones is very inconsistent though.

KunDB

Too harsh on Bravo, he suffered stage fright first season. Since then and his injury he has been fine.

Stones has improved under Pep, but still is not good enough.

Some have made immense steps forward under Pep, Sterling, Aguero and Fernandinho to name a few,

gavin

Amazed you never mentioned Joe Hart Goaty. Don't think he thought he could do much there. But, that is probably the best example of why they improve. I have no doubt that even Aguero would have been on his way if he didn't toe the line and do the work. Pep comes across as a very nice guy most of the time but all of the players are under no illusion that they have to improve.

goat

completely forgot about hart, bit like burnley and i struggled to think of those three just to be a knob

gavin

Nice to see Joe on Sky last night but think he needs to dress himself properly next time.

Ota needs a run of games to reach his form of a couple of season ago.

Pep is a proper coach - you can often see him working one on one with players in videos and giving them advice on certain aspects of the game. You would think this is a given in the professional game but I get the impression that there are few that put the time into it that Pep does. Certainly, I've never seen any others talking to individuals on the pitch straight after certain games - even after major finals to make specific points.

goat

ive never seen a manager talk to the other teams players as much as pep does