News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

VAR

Started by KunDB, November 04, 2019, 21:31:56

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

I wouldn't put it past Sky. This is a VAR review sponsored by Specsavers. The ref, the linesmen and  the clueless VAR cnut should all have gone.

Swiss

They just need to let the ref watch the replay if its contentious.

And

They need to sort out the offside mm ruling.  Reckon something like, attacking player ahead by more than 6 inches.

And

Mic up the ref and let stadium and audience know why the decision is made.

Gareth

Quote from: Swiss on January 02, 2020, 22:29:13

They need to sort out the offside mm ruling.  Reckon something like, attacking player ahead by more than 6 inches.

I don’t think this helps - the argument just becomes “ahead by 6.00001 inches” or “ahead by 5.99999 inches”. The problem is that they are claiming a spurious level of accuracy for the equipment they use to try to resolve the problem they want to address. Just moving the line is never going to be a solution.

KunDB

Quote from: Gareth on January 03, 2020, 12:46:28
I don’t think this helps - the argument just becomes “ahead by 6.00001 inches” or “ahead by 5.99999 inches”. The problem is that they are claiming a spurious level of accuracy for the equipment they use to try to resolve the problem they want to address. Just moving the line is never going to be a solution.

Exactly, what should happen is they should look briefly to see if there is any clear and obvious offside and forget all this drawing of lines crap. Managers should have say one or at worse two appeals per game were the on field referee can look at the replay monitor real time on the side line with no slow-mo shit involved and confirm or reverse their decision.

Nothing will be perfect but clear cut errors are what need addressed and only clear and obvious errors.

Stephen Paul

not good for the fans in the stadium , not knowing to celebrate or not