News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

UEFA

Started by The Blue Blooded Maniac, February 14, 2020, 18:45:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Rowley Birkin QC

Quote from: Hesperus on February 15, 2020, 23:17:29
FFP was a stitch up from the start, what’s wrong with investing your own money in your own business?

But it is what it is.... and if we have flouted the rules,, we’ll, we’re in trouble and there’s probably not a lot we can do about it.   I hope we haven’t, but I think it’s probably naive to think we’re entirely innocent, but then who is?

My thoughts exactly.

lee

Rumours that Pep wont leave the club on the BBC

Hesperus

https://ninetythreetwenty.com/blog/seeing-the-wood-for-the-ffps-manchester-city-uefa-go-to-war/

Interesting article on it albeit from a lawyer with City connections.

In summary from the available evidence, City's case rests on the fact that UEFA are seemly trying to re-open the original FFP case  that we settled with UEFA in April 2017. If this is the case, there is high optimism that CAS will also uphold our appeal. However, It’s such a clear point that there is some concern that there must be more to it, that we don’t know as yet.  On the flip side, if CAS uphold UEFAs case then we will take action in the Swiss courts and the lawyers confidence in our success there is not high at all (slim) and he concludes by saying if the penalty is upheld the ramifications for the club are indeed exponentially grave.

lee

Rags dont play in the champs league every season and Arsenal since 2016

Could not give a fook about it really

Hesperus

There’s potentially a bit more to it that just missing 2 years of CL. Apart from the loss of revenue, some of our best players may ask for a move KDB is 28 for example. Does he want to miss 2 years of CL at his peak? Then There is the real threat of PL sanctions. I’ve no idea if this threat of putting us In League 2 has any basis but Rangers had something similar and look how long it’s taken them to get back to the top tier. I’m just hoping CAS settle this is our favour.

gavin

Then there's the below about a bloke who complained of a biased hearing and won after ten years in the European Court of Human Rights. If it is true that UEFA refused to hear City's submissions after appointing all the staff then it could be a clear case.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51528427

Stephen Paul

The home game against Madrid

I hope the fans send a clear message to Uefa for the whole world to see

lee

Gary Neville on Sky

"I think Manchester City have a good chance of overturning the ban. They are going to CAS, and they said in their statement that they're going to CAS 'in the first instance', which would seem to suggest that even if they lose at CAS, they are going to carry on by going to other courts. They could go to the Swiss Federal Supreme Court.

"What we've got to bear in mind is that City are richer than UEFA. They can afford to have better lawyers than UEFA. In the PSG case with CAS, where PSG turned up with eight lawyers and UEFA didn't send any lawyers at all, so I think there's still a good chance that City can get this overturned.

"UEFA have given them a two-year ban, so you would think that there's a good chance that it could be reduced to one. In the past, we've seen bans reduced by CAS, so if I was a Manchester City fan this morning, I wouldn't be getting too down and despondent."

gavin

We don't see much of Ferran Soriano but that seems a shame because he comes across as calm, professional and reasonable. The club have posted a video interview with him about the current situation.

https://www.mancity.com/citytv/mens/club-ceo-discusses-uefa-ruling-63717712

Stephen Paul

is the women's team affected by this shite

gavin

No, the women can carry on as normal.

Hesperus

I believe we’ve retained the services of David Pannic. The lawyer who worked successfully with Gina Miller on Brexit. I was very impressed by him during the Brexit Supreme Court hearing. He’s a top QC so we should in good hands.

gavin

Yes, we're not fucking about with staff on this. It seems bloody obvious that we're going to appeal but I thought today was the deadline for that. Should hear some confirmation I'd have thought.

Stephen Paul

whatever happens City will be tarnished with this for years to come

Stephen Paul

lee

Got a lot of time for Souness.Quinn however is a bellend

gavin

Souness's wife is a City fan. I've been disappointed with Quinn since his awful, biased commentary for Arsenal in a game v City. It was almost as if Arsenal saved him from being sub at City not the other way round.

Stephen Paul

Quinn has always been critical of City , why ???

Stephen Paul

apparently 400 tickets have been returned from City fans refusing to travel to Europe now   

The Blue Blooded Maniac

The appeal to CAS has been officially submitted according to SSN.