News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Zinchenko

Started by The Blue Blooded Maniac, March 03, 2020, 19:57:05

Previous topic - Next topic

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Anyone else delighted to see him back on Sunday to give Mendy a well deserved seat on the bench?

gavin

I understand your frustration with Mendy. However, on his day he can be devastating to the opposition. He could prove very important for us in the remainder of the season. Zinchenko has his moments too but I wouldn't mind a defender in the squad to play at left back in addition.

KunDB

Neither are top defenders but if the two Zinchenko all day every day. Mendy has been a massive disappointment this season.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Quote from: gavin on March 03, 2020, 21:08:41
I understand your frustration with Mendy. However, on his day he can be devastating to the opposition. He could prove very important for us in the remainder of the season. Zinchenko has his moments too but I wouldn't mind a defender in the squad to play at left back in addition.

Fair enough, yes he has a hell of a cross on him, but I can't see any other qualities past that. Even when people have said he has had a good game, I just can't see it! Zinko every day of the week for me mate.

goat

thought cancelo could play on the left

Paddy

I think Cancelo will be away in the summer, not getting enough game time

goat

basically replaced danilo with danilo using danilo as part-ex

gavin

Still reckon it could go either way with Cancelo. Even Bernard had a quiet first season. Cancelo looks a proper footballer at times and if his attitude is right then I think Pep will persevere with him and give him more game time next season.

Neil Mcnab

Hard to understand the signing of Cancelo, when he hardly plays. Perhaps they could have bought a CB instead? Cancelo looks a class act and can play on the left. Great going forward. Not sure about defending though.

Gareth

But Pep sometimes seems to take his time to bring new signings into the team on a regular basis. Maybe players know that when they sign? Took a while for Mahrez to make any impact, Bernardo too. Pep mostly seems to be good at managing player expectations.

Paddy

I normally like Zinchenko but today he was totally accident prone and I was glad to see him replaced, Pity they couldn't have replaced the whole team...