News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Two Centre Backs this Summer please

Started by KunDB, March 08, 2020, 19:49:48

Previous topic - Next topic

KunDB

It is clear to me that we need as a priority two classy centre backs recruited this summer. Our defence is just sub standard all season. The fragility of our defence is clearly affecting team performances.

Otamendi and Stones need sold.

Also the squad needs a shake up as it has gone stale.

An additional striker (big and physically strong with heading capacity) might help (No idea who?).

Also I wouldn't object to selling and replacing Mendy.

lee

Quote from: KunDB on March 08, 2020, 19:49:48
It is clear to me that we need as a priority two classy centre backs recruited this summer. Our defence is just sub standard all season. The fragility of our defence is clearly affecting team performances.

Otamendi and Stones need sold.

Also the squad needs a shake up as it has gone stale.

An additional striker (big and physically strong with heading capacity) might help (No idea who?).

Also I wouldn't object to selling and replacing Mendy.

Harry Kane ticks all the boxes

gavin

Can't really argue other than the centre half area needs a lot of work.

Think you're looking for Edin up front but he ain't Pep's type.

Hesperus

The squad needs a lot of surgery unfortunately a lot will depend on the CAS decision.

Agree about CBs but also Fullbacks, Striker and a proper a CM to replace Fernandinho. It’s not going to be easy. We’re paying the price for some poor recruiting over the past few years.

goat

Quote from: Hesperus on March 08, 2020, 21:00:25

Agree about CBs but also Fullbacks, Striker and a proper a CM to replace Fernandinho. It’s not going to be easy. We’re paying the price for some poor recruiting over the past few years.

but besides all that you are happy with the squad?

linked again with defender from benfica thats meant to be tidy

Hesperus

Quote from: goat on March 09, 2020, 11:36:45

but besides all that you are happy with the squad?

linked again with defender from benfica thats meant to be tidy

Squad is good, but the deficiencies since Pep arrived really haven’t been fixed.

Full backs - Angelino , Zinchenko, Cancelo.   No where near good enough for CL.

CM - Rodri - I want to like him but I fear another Javi Garcia. He’s too slow and ponderous, doesn’t drive at the opponents defence and when teamed with Gundogan.... most teams can run rings around them.

Striker - Aguero coming to the end of his career. Jesus not a good enough replacement unfortunately.

With the CAS hearing and Pep only having one year left on his deal. It’s going to be difficult to recruit the players of the quality we need now.

We’ve regressed so much since last season it’s frightening. I know we’ve had a couple of key injuries but for me putting Rodri in midfield and moving Fernandinho into defence is the main reason we’ve slumped so much.

goat

i agree about rodri, he set that passing record the other week but how many were over 5 yards?
jesus im not sure i agree, his record is great, maybe he just needs to know he is first choice to get his confidence up

gavin

Jesus will be a superstar. He's still so young and learning all the time. His all round play is exceptional. Patience.

goat

jesus christ superstar, theres a song there somewhere

Hesperus

I could be wrong about Jesus and frequently am around players, but to me he is not in the same league as Aguero and thats the level we need to keep moving forward. Hope I’m wrong but.

Gareth

goat

Quote from: Hesperus on March 11, 2020, 08:44:51
I could be wrong about Jesus and frequently am around players, but to me he is not in the same league as Aguero and thats the level we need to keep moving forward. Hope I’m wrong but.

used to be some maniac on here thinking bernie corradi was the second coming, might have been lee

replacing aguero will be a nightmare and cost a fucking bomb, atletico spent 100 mill on a kid thats managed about 4 goals

Rowley Birkin QC

Quote from: goat on March 11, 2020, 14:14:21
used to be some maniac on here thinking bernie corradi was the second coming, might have been lee

:D