News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

v Lyon

Started by gavin, August 15, 2020, 19:12:08

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

STARTING XI | Ederson, Walker, Garcia, Laporte, Cancelo, Fernandinho (C), Rodrigo, Gundogan, De Bruyne, Sterling, Jesus

SUBS | Bravo, Stones, Zinchenko, Bernardo, D.Silva, Mendy, Mahrez, Otamendi, Foden, Doyle, Palmer, Bernabe

A bit of a negative side from Pep but I think we needed to try something different from last seasons efforts against Lyon. Hope Pep has got it right.

KunDB

Garcia back in starting eleven means more pace, but will alck of experience catch us out?

Come on City

Stephen Paul

Stephen Paul

Here we go the hard way

KunDB

40 minutes before we started to pass and play purposely with rhythm. Too often the case and the usual defensive disaster.

gavin

This is the third time we've struggled against these now. He's tried to change things but it hasn't worked. We can't wait to long before it is shit or bust.

Paddy

Wht is KDB playing in the forward line, makes him totally blind, he is a playmaker and cannot see what is going on behind, needs to player deeper. Team selection do defensive, showing to much respect...

Swiss

Because he's only 1 of 3 attacking players on the pitch...

I don't blame walker for playing the lad onside because the other defenders should have been in line with him. but I do blame him for not tracking back.

Hesperus

Why change the system???

We’ve barely had any attacking threat which isn’t surprising given we’re an attacker short up front. Why have we shown them so much respect and changed the way we play and formation?

We need to get our best attacking players on and play to our strengths.

Paddy

Need to ditch Ferni, to slow, no attempt to play the ball

gavin

We've shown them this respect and changed the team as they have done this to use twice previously not so long ago

Stephen Paul

One of the Silvas on Pep

Hesperus

Quote from: Paddy on August 15, 2020, 20:57:50
Need to ditch Ferni, to slow, no attempt to play the ball

Agree. He’s on a yellow and Lyon are already looking to get him sent off.

Hesperus

Quote from: gavin on August 15, 2020, 20:58:34
We've shown them this respect and changed the team as they have done this to use twice previously not so long ago

We aren’t a defensive team Gav. So why try and play that way? We should be backing ourselves against Lyon. The first half system just hasn’t worked, defensively or offensively, I don’t think anyone can disagree with that.

Stephen Paul

Why are we so shit at corners

Hesperus

Hard to sum up my feelings after that defeat.

Very poor team formation and selection from Pep in the first half.

Fucked by Var for their 2nd.

Big miss by Sterling at the end.

Overall a poor season. C+ from me.

Good to win the league cup. Way Way off on the league. Surrendered pathetically in the FA cup and shot ourselves in the foot in the CL.

Not good enough.

gavin

Quote from: Hesperus on August 15, 2020, 21:05:13
We aren’t a defensive team Gav. So why try and play that way? We should be backing ourselves against Lyon. The first half system just hasn’t worked, defensively or offensively, I don’t think anyone can disagree with that.

I don't think the aim was to play defensively, just to nullify their breaks - especially down the wings. As it was they broke on us and won the game after we changed though I wouldn't necessarily argue it was because of the change. So many things could have gone differently but didn't. But we've played them three times and three times now they've caused us serious issues. Be interesting to see what he does if we play them again. They can play on the break if they like but I didn't like their diving much. Some of the fouls they got were a lot softer than the foul on Laporte for their second goal....

Paddy

Odds of 1-7 on to win. Dream on. I read somewhere on here that we can beat Bayen, sent the rubber bus and the white coats....!!! They r coming to get you Lee HaHa !!!

Swiss

I'm With Gav on this.  OK its not a selection of players I'd like to see again but...

1st. Walker didn't track back.
2nd. VAR/ UEFA conspiracy
3rd. Ederson fuck up, but poor defending in the build up and a dodgy pass.

KunDB

No strong leadership on field.