News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Aguero out for 2 months

Started by Hesperus, September 18, 2020, 23:07:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Hesperus

According to Pep. Shit.

Not looking good for the start of the season.

goat

gavin

I rate Jesus but to go in to a new season with a single fit striker is careless in my opinion. As is the lack of Central defensive reinforcements. Preparation also seems lacking which is understandable to some extent in the circumstances but more could have been done. I'm increasingly concerned that this could be a wasted season. There doesn't seem to be any concerted direction or effort to improve.

Hesperus

Agreed Gav. I’m concerned about this season, we seem to be just going through the motions. There’s no real enthusiasm.

Swiss

I wonder if we'll see more of a:

Sterling -torres - Mahrez

KDB _ Silva
                   Rodri

With the front 3 and silva swapping positions

Formation.

Neil Mcnab

Getting to the end of his career and more and more injury prone. If its Jesus, I am losing my religion. Striker next summer I suppose, hang on till then.

Swiss

I like Jesus, he's got a good mentality. Its easy to forget he turned 23 in April this year. No hes not as natural a finisher as Aguero, but he has scored 68 in 152 appearances for us.

Stephen Paul

Swiss

The point is with those 3, and Jesus into the mix is they can all swap positions . You've also got Bernie who can play the false 9, or push up with mid. As can Foden with a bit more experience there.

Stephen Paul

unfortunately I think Aguero will struggle this season with injuries   

gavin

Sterling and Bernard can play as strikers but they aren't strikers. Raheem has improved in front of goal without doubt but still there are too many basic misses for him to be considered a natural striker. His last big miss still hurts. A top club like City shouldn't be struggling for a real striker after an injury or two.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Gotta disagree there Gav. I think sterling is going backwards in regards to his finishing. I don't have much confidence in him at all to be honest.

Pinning all our hopes of scoring on him is a very bad decision.

I'll give Pep a ring and met him know.

Stephen Paul

Still struggling with fitness

Maybe the next legend to leave in the summer

gavin

He's isolating at the moment. But it seems like the longest isolation ever.

Paddy

We have had the best out of him, i suspect that he will be off to Psg in the summer. Striker is a priority, Jesus cannot fill the position. It will be extremely tough to find a replacement without being held to randsome Time to search the academy

KunDB

Now confirmed that he has Covid 19, so will be even longer.

gavin

Bloody hell, he seemed to be isolating for ages! Seems a bit odd.

Swiss

We've had people at work self isolating for 7 weeks...

Neil Mcnab

Seems wrapped in cotton wool these days. We need a striker who can score and win games without help now and again. Those wonder goals make all the difference in tight games. Jesus is a great team player, never stops trying. Doesnt score enough, turning into Benteke, Shane Long or Kenny Miller when at Derby type player. A non scoring number 9 wont win the league, champions league for us. Back to Kun, a legend and may come back strongly this season, we certainly need him.