News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

lens replacement surgery

Started by Paddy, December 30, 2020, 11:05:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Paddy

Heading to Dublin on the 12 of January for this procedure. Advanced cataract in left eye and waiting list for NHS treatment has a three and a half waiting list. Anybody else had it done ?...

goat

my old man is waiting for his other eye

lee

my mate got his done 2 weeks ago private..cost him 3 grand as they wouldn’t do it on the NHS due to Covid.
Says he's got 4k vision now in 1 eye and totally painless and cant wait to get the other 1 done

Paddy

I'm having both eyes done at the same time, just under seven grand. If all goes to plan, no more specs except for reading small print

gavin

I had LASIK a few years ago. Different I know. Overall a decent job but don't let anyone tell you that operations on eyes don't have downsides. My eyesight is a lot, lot better overall but I've had issues with dry eye which are still improving but are still occasionally problematic. The smell of the laser burning my eye balls was a bit of a turn off too. Nevertheless, no glasses now and overall very good vision for my age.

Paddy

Gavin, i didn't have laser, had lens replacement (To old for laser). Seven days on and coming along fine, can even read the instructions on drops bottle without glasses. Surgeon said after op that i would still need reading glasses, he was right but only in bad light. It's not as claimed, "Painless" Support  is great, having a check up day after op, i have another due this Monday, Eye drops for four weeks and eye cups at night for a week, but apart from the discomfort and dosing, it is well worth it. I kept it private to all except my family. Some friends don't recognise me without the specs. I still miss them,(the specs) everything seems further away and i seem to be taller. The cancer op was a God send, this is just the icing on the cake. At the moment in time, i consider my self very fortunate. A prayer for all sufferers and their supporters.....

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Good to hear you're doing well Paddy lad!

gavin

Best to you Paddy. Four years later and I still reach for my glasses every now and then. I don't need readers for now either.

Paddy

I do in doors. Out doors i can read the small print on a prescription bottle

Paddy

Shoudn't be able to see so much at my age especially looking in the mirror, not natural.....

Paddy

Shouldn't have bothered really have bothered and would have saved a shed lad of money. Got a consultation with my urologist surgeon yesterday. Incurable liver cancer. without treatment 3 - 6mnths, with chemo 12 - 18 mnths. Time to get my things in order and maybe squeeze one las game in with my son.....

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Bleedin hell Paddy, that's awful mate. Keep going though mate, there's alsorts coming through these days that work miracles! Keep your chin up lad!

gavin

Paddy

Had first round of chemo, diluted. No side effects, given prescription for a steriod based sickness prevention and increase to my appetite. Took them for just two days and now i am eating like horse

gavin

Good to be getting food down you. It is horrible when you can't eat.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Stephen Paul

goat

Quote from: gavin on June 29, 2021, 07:38:09
Good to be getting food down you. It is horrible when you can't eat.

had tube up my nose few weeks back, fucking horrible

gavin

What has been wrong with you?

The Blue Blooded Maniac