News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Moving On

Started by KunDB, March 21, 2015, 10:13:11

Previous topic - Next topic

KunDB

Ok Let us hope the pain and disappointment is over for this season and we will now secure as a minimum a top 4, preferably 2nd place, with really good performances in our last 9 games.

It has been a really disappointing season but the time to inquest and sort that out is the Summer. I expect a serious clear out so that players are unambiguously clear that underperforming has serious repercussions for them 

There are no excuses remaining now, we have a relatively gentle run in and a lightweight schedule so players have no excuse now to under perform or save themselves.

If we do not win 7 out of 9 serious questions need to be asked, after having only won 3 of our last eleven games.

Anyway let's hope the players show their real intent to succeed and secure second spot by starting with a top performance at home today against WBA. Who knows Chelsea could crack under pressure yet, they have been nearly as average as us since before Christmas.

Rowley Birkin QC

But when did a major club last have "a serious clear out" - in the one transfer window?

Depends on your definition of what "a serious clear out" might be of course, but I think it's unrealistic of us to expect a long list of names to be shipped out at the end of this season. Most under-performing clubs, even those who get relegated, seldom change more than about 20% to 30% of their regular first team squad in any given summer. Even if they wanted to ditch more 'dead wood' than that, it's seldom practical or possible to do so. The opportunities to do the kind of deals they want simply aren't numerous enough.

I fully expect two or three big names to depart City this summer, but I doubt it will be many more. Many, if not most, of the faces we see now, will still be lining up for City next season. The more important question is going to be the identity of the two or three replacements they bring in (and probably a new manager).

I agree that now is the time for the players to show some real intent and demonstrate they really want to play for us - but there's the $64,0000 dollar question.

KunDB

Probably right for first team [starting eleven], if anyone knows who they are?

Hart, Kompany, Zabaleta, Silva, Aguero, Fernandinho and Bony  safe the rest can go if needs be.

I also think Mangala deserves a second chance as does Zabaleta [hence why he is in above -granted this year he has been average].

Demechellis is just too old and past his best, not form with him.

That in my mind leaves 3 first team players for sale [Yaya, Nasri, Dzeko, Jovetic Sagna and Kolarov] and the inadequate pretenders we have should all be up for sale. ps I can count!

Rowley Birkin QC

Quote from: Zabba on March 21, 2015, 12:26:26
ps I can count!

I'm sure you can - but no mention of Navas?

Personally I'd keep him. Not nearly as bad as some people think.

KunDB

Sorry forgot him he at least tries so definite keep.

Tricky Trev

Only 8 more wins  :D

Neil Mcnab

Hart, Kompany, Zabaleta, Silva, Aguero, Fernandinho and Bony  safe the rest can go if needs be.

I also think Mangala deserves a second chance as does Zabaleta [hence why he is in above -granted this year he has been average].
Players like Demechelis Sagna and Clichy are fine as stand ins. Navas is alright, to find a step up would be a Bale.

To come in a British left back, a world class CM and another midfielder.

bluebrendan

Quote from: Neil Mcnab on March 21, 2015, 18:51:31

Players like Demechelis Sagna and Clichy are fine as stand ins. Navas is alright, to find a step up would be a Bale.

To come in a British left back, a world class CM and another midfielder.

Hmm, anyone in mind? Baines is over 30, Shaw is over fat and I'm struggling to think of anyone else remotely good enough. Angelino will qualify as home-grown anyway in a year or two.

I think Jason Denayer should be in the squad next season, I'll be disappointed if he's sent out on loan again but the contract extension for Demichelis suggests he may be.

Neil Mcnab

Hmm, anyone in mind? Baines is over 30, Shaw is over fat and I'm struggling to think of anyone else remotely good enough. Angelino will qualify as home-grown anyway in a year or two.

I think Jason Denayer should be in the squad next season, I'll be disappointed if he's sent out on loan again but the contract extension for Demichelis suggests he may be.
[/quote]
Or British midfielder. With Milner certain to go we need to fill our quota? I just hope they are not the new "deadweight" Boyata. The world class CM will obviously not from our shores.
While I would prefer a team full of City supporting local players, its never going to happen. If there are no quotas to fill, the best players we can get, wherever they are from. We know that the character is as important as the skill. More Aguero and Zabba, less Tevez and Toure.