News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

UEFA scrap away goals rule

Started by The Blue Blooded Maniac, June 24, 2021, 15:01:22

Previous topic - Next topic

The Blue Blooded Maniac

UEFA scrap away goals rule for all their competitions from next season.

A decision which again seems to favour the top teams and also takes away a huge stipulation that added incentive and entertainment value to alot of games.

Dick heads.

KunDB

Not so sure about your logic on that.

I agree that the rationale provided by UEFA for this change is just trash talk.

Not so keen on the extra time and a penalty shoot out to decide game.For me penalty shoot outs are simple spoiling the game of football, and many teams are just defending deep in the hope of winning through a penalty shootout (why not award the game on a statistical data measure like time in opponents area, number of shots on target (inside and outside area weighted differently), minus points for fouls and yellow/red cards during game, etc. Hate it, well I get that but would it be any worse than a penalty shootout, maybe decided by the goalkeepers penalties.

Many other more important aspects need changed first to protect the football pyramid, the integrity of the game and the games entertainment value (e.g. the offside rule could be reviewed and revised).Get rid of merit points for qualifying for the Champions League and the ranking for the draw.

gavin

Penalties have to stay. Last thing we need is some UEFA created algorithm deciding matches. Penalties are sometimes the only entertaining bit of a shit game. Not bothered about the away goals rule going though. It always seemed a bit odd to me and it seems to have cost us more than we have ever gained from it.