News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Breaking social distantly rules

Started by Stephen Paul, June 25, 2021, 18:30:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen Paul

I was find 200 quid

Hancock apologies for trying to shag his aid in public

Fuck this government

The Blue Blooded Maniac

They all piss in the same pot mate.

Stephen Paul

gavin

More importantly, he and his boss are responsible for tens of thousands of deaths that need not happened. They should be standing trial for causing death through gross negligence.

Stephen Paul

Exactly
My blood is boiling with this fucker

Stephen Paul

Swiss

Quote from: gavin on June 25, 2021, 21:20:26
More importantly, he and his boss are responsible for tens of thousands of deaths that need not happened. They should be standing trial for causing death through gross negligence.

Would you say that if it was Corbyn? ;D

gavin

If he had acted in the same manner as them, yes. I don't really consider causing thousands of deaths through stupidity and incompetence a matter to be party political about. They are just plain guilty.

Swiss

I think they were in a damned if they do, damned if they don't situation. Which bits do you think he got wrong that cost lives?

We've been in an unprecedented scenario for the modern world; they've had to pick and choose which 'expert' to listen to and they've all been saying different things because no one was prepared for this.

The real villains are the unscrupulous corporations that took our money and delivered sub-standard products, like the unfit PPE.

gavin

The thing was running rife in Italy and Spain, it was obvious something had to be done and they did fuck all. Unprecedented is just an excuse. Anyone with any sense at all could see that there was a big problem in those countries long before action was taken. As a leader you should do what is best for the country not what is politically expedient, damned if you do or don't is another laughable excuse.

It was abundantly clear that they had to do a second lock down long before they did, again they delayed.

It was also clear that there was a big problem in India before the delta variant surfaced and that the border needed to be closed to India. Johnson was due to go there on a jaunt so he delayed and delayed. Eventually closing the border not long after being forced to cancel his trip.

Three needless delays, thousands of lives lost.

The government bought shit PPE from their friends.

Swiss

My partner works in the vaccine research world and they were not worried when it first hit in China and Italy. There was a lot of misinformation coming out from China at the time, as to how serious (it was It was also rumoured to have been in full swing by October, which is why it had spread do fast globally a week after China announced there was a problem),

So when you have a scientific community advising the government that its all going to be ok, i don't blame them at all for not shutting the borders earlier. Bear in mind, these scientists had dealt with SARS and MERS, which Covid-19 is related to, really well not so long ago.
What they weren't prepared for was the amount of A symptomatic people. This is a perfect virus.

I feel like us Brits should also be held accountable for helping the virus spread. As cityzens, we could have done more. Stevie, you're moaning about being fined when breaking lockdown. But you did break lockdown rules. Bet that wasn't as bad as being forced to resign from your job?

Second lockdown I agree, should have gone earlier. The reason why I say damned if you do, damned if you don't. Because they were trying to balance the economy. Got to remember, the government are running the furlough scheme, which has propped up a he'll of a lot of people's lives.

India, trade is important, especially post Brexit. But you're right, they should have closed it earlier.

PPE. Having worked in public procurement, there's a few things you've got to understand. It's very heavily rated to ensure value for money to the crown (the tax payers). The quickest you can bring a large contract in is 9 months. This is due to specification, competing, award and service delivery.
When you have someone in the industry that says they can supply PPE at quick notice in a pandemic, you're gonna say yes please. Now if that person's pulled a fast one with dodgy equipment, that's either the fault of the NHS buyers for not checking the specs. Or it's the fault of the supplier for not disclosing their stuff was shit.
I firmly believe they were trying yo do the right thing in getting more PPE to front line workers.

gavin

The government received a report from their scientific advisors saying that their would be thousands of deaths two or three weeks before they took serious action. Those two or three weeks would have saved thousands of lives. And likely prevented serious damage to the economy as it happens.

You seem to have swallowed and be regurgitating every single government excuse. Blame the corporations, blame the people, blame circumstance, blame the economy, blame trade rules. Blame everybody but the people in charge of protecting us! An embarrassing mockery of government or what government should be.

Swiss

I could say the same argument back to you.

I think we should agree to disagree at this point  :)