News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Predictions and match build up for the Scousers away . Sunday 4.30 . PL

Started by Stephen Paul, September 29, 2021, 05:07:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen Paul

No doubt the biggest game so far coming up this weekend

Beating them in their own back yard again will send out a message to the rest of the PL and pundits

gavin

I actually think that the Chelsea game was the biggest game of the season. Having lost to them three times on the bounce and slipping slightly behind after drawing with Southampton, it was important psychologically to beat them and catch up. We could have gone 6 points behind them, having lost to them 4 times on the trot! If we lose this we can go a max of 4 points off the top having played a few tough games already. It would be a blow to lose no doubt but I do think that Chelsea was the game that we had to win. I reckon a draw would be a decent result on Sunday, a win would be amazing, defeat would be bad but far from insurmountable mathematically or mentally.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Ye, it would be a hell of week domestically if we beat our two closest title contenders away so early on in the season.

Stephen Paul

Neil Mcnab

Cant wait for this. I expect a performance from Liverpool like we did against Chelsea. Some of our players must be shattered, Bernardo for one. I would be happy with a draw, 1-1.

Stephen Paul

Paddy Bet

City 11/8
Draw 5/2
Dippers 19/10

Both teams to score
Yes 8/13
No 6/5

City to score both halves
23/10

First goal
Sterling 6/1
Jesus 6/1
Mahrez 13/2
Torres 6/1
Kdb 13/2
Silva 11/1
Foden 6/1
Grealish 15/2
Gundogan 6/1

gavin

I wonder what the last game was that we weren't favourites to win.

Stephen Paul

gavin

KunDB

Stephen Paul

Match Officials

Referee  Paul Tierney
4th Official  Mike Dean
VAR  Stuart Attwell

Stephen Paul

Quote from: KunDB on October 01, 2021, 22:01:41
Draw most likely result. I’ll go

2. 2. Draw.

Would usually take a draw at the victims but we have the team to beat them providing the referee behaves himself

Stephen Paul

For me keep Sterling and Mahrez on the bench with Foden and KDB starting

Neil Mcnab

Watched ESPN pundit Steve Nicol hoping Sterling would play, which means he should not. He said he crumbles at Anfield from the crowd pressure. Therefore agree both him and Mahrez on the bench. Mahrez as others have said the one trick pony bit, he offers little defensive wise as well. Of course if both play and prove me wrong, happy days.

silvablue

Stephen Paul

KunDB

Quote from: Stephen Paul on October 04, 2021, 09:32:08
good shout mate

Thanks, was secretly hoping I would be wrong and City would sneak a win (on the day we deserved a win even if we didn't get it thanks to the referee).