News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

V Chelsea

Started by gavin, January 15, 2022, 11:57:39

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

XI | Ederson, Walker, Stones, Laporte, Cancelo, Rodrigo, De Bruyne (C), Bernardo, Sterling, Foden, Grealish

SUBS | Steffen, Dias, Gundogan, Jesus, Fernandinho, Mbete, McAtee, Lavia, Wilson-Esbrand

Bit surprised Dias on bench

KunDB

Presumably recovering from Covid or injury. Tough game ahead against a very tight defence.

1. 1. I'm expecting.

Plenty of EDS stars on the bench, great experience for them and they might even get some game time.

C'mon City win and depress all our opponent fans.

Stephen Paul

A 1-1 would probably do us

Dias must have a knock or something

gavin

Dirty, time wasting bastards. Useless cnut of a ref.

Stephen Paul

Stephen Paul

Chelsea playing well and stopping City's flowing football

Hopefully Pep will have a plan B

lee

They have been dirty bastards.Not impressed.
Looking for that one chance and if they score it will be hard for us beat a parked bus.

Come out now and score 2 quick goals and hopefully they will have to attack and we'll leather them.

KunDB

Chelsea are a defence first team, and losing today is their big guest fear with priority over winning. So Tuchel had parked the bus as expected and got the team to go in hard on City players. No surprise there.

Grealish needs to be more productive in and around the box.

Chelsea just waiting to pounce, error or set piece.

Only one team trying to win, City.

Rowley Birkin QC

We're going pretty well. A little more desire to attack the 6 yard box perhaps. I've enjoyed watching Sterling - using his pace to good effect. He might be the key to this.

KunDB

Sterling has been very good today and recently. Great goal by KdB.

Chelsea's suddenly want to play a game and attack after parking the bus all game.

Stephen Paul

Rowley Birkin QC

That will do!  Superb finish from KdB. Did really well to keep his feet in the build-up.

KunDB

Chelsea attack response fizzled out in less than ten minutes. They were pretty pathetic and City well deserved winners.

Onwards and upwards EIGHT POINTS clear of Liverpool our only realistic rivals now. Some pressure on them now.

Stephen Paul

Only two managers have completed the pl double over Chelskie

Mancini and Pep

gavin

I was really disappointed in Chelsea. Their tactics weren't much different from relegation battlers rather than pretenders to our throne. Their fans should rethink if they think we're bothered by European Cups. I wouldn't swap one for having to watch that shite. I'd much rather watch us win titles with the best football ever seen in England.
Decent performance from City. Not one of our best on the attacking front but one shot on target for Chelsea. A chance first half, a chance second and that was it. Not that City had a great number of chances but we more than deserved the victory given the pressure we applied. Phil, Jack and Raheem all still need to get a better idea of when to run to apply the final touch to crosses. A few decent balls went across the face of goal today.

Ederson was largely unemployed but did what he had to very effectively.

Time-wasting in a first half is just embarrassing, especially from a title challenging side. A ref pointing at his watch several times and then giving one minute injury time is beyond embarrassing. When will they do something about this incredible incompetence?

KunDB

The performance of this City squad over the busy December New Year period has been an honour to enjoy as a life long City fan. 12 straight wind is just incredible over this period.

As for the point on the referees made by Gavin. I would like a stadium clock which stops when the referee decides it should for injuries, time warning, substitutions and then we all could see why, and how much, time is being added. I've always felt certain teams get favoured but referees, ie help if they need more time to score an equaliser or a winner. One thing for sure is their is no logic currently to justify the time referees add.

Neil Mcnab

Great win against a misfiring team. Chelsea had to win, but were not good enough.

Stephen Paul

Exactly,  a huge double over our nearest challengers

Fook them all 🙂