News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Julian Alvarez

Started by Kilkenny Blue, January 21, 2022, 21:31:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Kilkenny Blue

Looks like a done deal:

Any good?  Can't see an Argentinian striker doing well at City  ::)

Neil Mcnab

The new Kun? Or more likely loaned out and then sold on for a profit?

Kilkenny Blue

Quote from: Neil Mcnab on January 22, 2022, 09:59:02
The new Kun? Or more likely loaned out and then sold on for a profit?

A lot of clubs have been looking at him and he already has quite a few full international starts for Argentina.  Personally I'd prefer to see City get players like this and develop them into top players, instead of going for Kane/Haaland etc. 
Pep will improve him so the worst case scenario is that we sell him on for a profit.

gavin

Yeh, I know little about him but if we can pick up players at this price and make them into world class then that is much preferred to the £100 million signings.

gavin

Okay, can't resist any more. Here is his Samaras moment

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Some amazing defending and keeping on show there 🙄

Ye looks alright!

Kilkenny Blue

Quote from: The Blue Blooded Maniac on January 26, 2022, 08:50:12
Some amazing defending and keeping on show there 🙄

Ye looks alright!

Yea was thinking the same re the defending.  But he can take on players and doesn't need a compass to find the goal.  Pep will work his magic I'm sure

Gareth

Quote from: gavin on January 25, 2022, 21:20:14
Okay, can't resist any more. Here is his Samaras moment

But he did take and score a penalty!

gavin

It is announced at last! But apparently we don't need him now. Pep certainly very happy to go on without a striker until the end of the season. Who can argue with Pep, especially considering the league table. Nonetheless, I'd like to have seen us sign a striker for the here and now.