News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Old timers

Started by zacc, February 05, 2022, 11:15:22

Previous topic - Next topic

zacc

Makes me smile how generation of City supporters will only know good times, results and trophies.
Whereas us old timers are the cynical, can't quite believe what we're seeing generation.
Do others still think at times "hmmm City are going to mess this up " when watching some games?   

lee

Still cant believe it's liccle old city..The champs league final i knew that would be a cock up and only Pep has the answer to playing Sterling in that match.

gavin

Enjoy our era while it lasts. We'll have the bad old days back sooner or later. In some ways I miss the moaning.

zacc

Quote from: gavin on February 05, 2022, 12:04:40
Enjoy our era while it lasts. We'll have the bad old days back sooner or later. In some ways I miss the moaning.

:D

Stephen Paul

I always remember sitting in the bar at the airport after a game at Maine Road and wondering why the fuck am I doing this but always went back

gavin

City used to ruin most weekends but it was a big deal when we won, especially against the scum. I'm bloody glad that we weren't always successful. I don't want to be the scousers or the rags fans whinging about finishing 5th or 6th. When our era is over lets get relegated and do it all over again.

Swiss

Quote from: zacc on February 06, 2022, 16:20:26
:D

I don't think the moaning stopped... its just focused on other areas...

Neil Mcnab

When Pep goes we will surely tank, enjoy it while we can. That said I dont see away days at Carlisle or Shrewsbury in the league anytime soon.

Stephen Paul

Just think
In May 99
2 0 down to Gillingham and those cunts winning the treble.
Standing at disbelief at Wembley thinking where did it all go wrong.
23 years later we have matches like last night
Beam me up Scotty.

Kilkenny Blue

Quote from: Neil Mcnab on February 13, 2022, 19:54:56
When Pep goes we will surely tank, enjoy it while we can. That said I dont see away days at Carlisle or Shrewsbury in the league anytime soon.

I don't think so.  The whole City structure is set up to be a winning one.  I buried the 'typical City' t-shirt years ago

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Ye I'm fortune enough (if you want to call it that) that I grew up catching the tale end of the shite times. As already has been mentioned, it was worth it to see how far we have come now, that we aren't just challenging, we are dominating, domestically atleast. I do believe that we just need to get over the final hurdle and win the chumps league, then I really do think we can dominate that aswell.

I love it that the rags are sat in fifth place and the 'fans' moan at how shit they are. They really don't have a fuckin clue. The same with the dippers, arse and spuds. Chelsea had some shit times as well but I still think we 'win' that battle.

I think a lot of the rags would sack off being a 'fan' if they even finished bottom half of the table.

Anyway, fuck em, this is our time and it's fuckin lovleh!

gavin

I can well remember playing Chelsea in Division Two in the eighties. They were proper animals in them days.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Christ I can imagine mate!

gavin

Their Chairman, Ken Bates, wanted to put up electric fences at Stamford Bridge. I remember Swales debating him on Football Focus about it. Swales was bad in many ways but at least he didn't want us in an electric cage. There were still some very large metal fences at the front of the Kippax mind you. It seems like a different world now and not just due to the standard of football.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Electric fences sound about right for the London and Liverpool fans to be fair.

lee

I wish Peter could see City now

Stephen Paul

Used to always get stick about our trophy cabinet

How times have changed
Beem me up Scotty

zacc

Quote from: Stephen Paul on February 06, 2022, 19:03:52
I always remember sitting in the bar at the airport after a game at Maine Road and wondering why the fuck am I doing this but always went back
hahahaha I know often questioned my sanity supporting City

Kilkenny Blue

Quote from: gavin on February 16, 2022, 20:21:19
Their Chairman, Ken Bates, wanted to put up electric fences at Stamford Bridge. I remember Swales debating him on Football Focus about it. Swales was bad in many ways but at least he didn't want us in an electric cage. There were still some very large metal fences at the front of the Kippax mind you. It seems like a different world now and not just due to the standard of football.

Ken Bates' son used to live near me.  Never met him but a pal of mine who knew him said that his nickname was 'Yorkie" because he's big rich and thick  :D