News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Vinny injured - defensive problems

Started by gavin, November 07, 2014, 20:01:34

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

Shame that Vinny is injured for this weekend but even with him we've looked dodgy this season. As if it is not bad being dodgy at the back, our propensity to give the ball away in silly positions is endemic. I just can't put my finger on why a team of professionals at the top level would start giving the ball away like amateurs on such a regular basis. Even before this week I thought it was shocking. But Clichy in midweek has to be the worst example yet. Even Vinny hasn't been immune. Whether it be carelessness, panic, lack of confidence it seems ingrained in our defensive psyche at the moment. It is something the manager has to sort out somehow.

goat

think vinnys problem is he is trying to do too much, the look on his face at the end of games says it all

The Blue Blooded Maniac

I'd be frustrated if I had the ball in my own half and looked up to see them load of clueless fuckers stood gawmping at eachother

Leewonpen

May be good for Mangala being alongside Demichelis....

Zabba

The problem for some players is lack of movement and support from other players, making them look bad.

Time to work as a team for each other, starting tomorrow.

Lets hope there is a real reaction from the players tommorow and every game after.

Stephen Paul

its going to be difficult without Silva and Vinny

gavin

Quote from: stephenmcfc on November 08, 2014, 06:00:45
its going to be difficult without Silva and Vinny

We have the squad to beat QPR without them. If we don't then the management have to answer serious questions.