News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

FA Cup Semi Final Thread

Started by KunDB, April 16, 2022, 14:37:44

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

That was a clanger and a half from Steffen. Not really like the one from Eddie last week. Eddie miscontrolled but Steffen just dallied unnecessarily. Piss poor. But then it has been a piss poor performance all round really. We've had one chance and Grealish dallied on that. Foden has been awful too and he's had a lot of company. Bernard has put in a lot of work but even he got caught on the ball. At this stage I'd settle for a 3-2 or 3-1 defeat.

KunDB

Don't agree. This has nothing to do with the PL or CL. This is a second team.

KunDB

I'd settle for 5 0 right now the way this is going.

Neil Mcnab

Not at the races, Steffen clearly at fault, but the rest? FA cup has gone, not a priority?

KunDB

So much better 70 seconds. Unreal.

silvablue

If only Jesus was an out and out striker, if only.

93:2012

Let's hope the well taken goal by Jack boosts his confidence in front of goal now.

gavin

Jesus had to score that chance.

KunDB

In fairness to Steffen he has recovered really well from that howler.

Ale has done brilliant serving half as well.

KunDB

We deserved that second and they are not laughing now. Liverpool under pressure hanging on.

After this second half I've never been so confident we will win the CL this year.

gavin

We had the chances to get that equaliser. Piss poor effort from Raheem. Right at the keeper along the floor. But much better second half and a respectable scoreline.

Hesperus

Score line better than I imagined after the 1st half but the game was over after 45 mins. Scoring twice in the 2nd half without reply gives us a boost at least.

Disappointed though.

KunDB

Disappointed but now wet move on and win the PL and CL. Key players got a rest for the league games.

KunDB

I am ashamed of our fans who disrespected the minutes silence for Hillsborough.

What is wrong with people, I can't stand Liverpool and their fans, but they are humans and they lost their loved ones cruelly.

lee

Hope Jesus is ok.
Phil was not at the races today.Not surprised after the kicking he took in Madrid.
Looking forward now to the league midweek.
CTID

Kilkenny Blue

Quote from: KunDB on April 16, 2022, 18:14:18
I am ashamed of our fans who disrespected the minutes silence for Hillsborough.

What is wrong with people, I can't stand Liverpool and their fans, but they are humans and they lost their loved ones cruelly.

Me too.  Absolutely disgusting and classless from a fwe knobs.

jingoe

I'm not being wise after the event but playing Steffen was a big mistake. I said it to my son when the team was announced.I  blame Pep .It's a semi-final ffs. You can't claim your no 1 GK is tired and needs a rest especially when the defence isn't the first choice line up.

gavin

Steffen has done a good job for us and he deserved to play the match. He made a big fuck up and no mistake. He will learn from it. We might need that experience in the coming weeks if Eddie gets injured. A keeper needs to play with the team if he is to come in for the big games.

93:2012

It's because of that hard and fast loyalty of Pep players improve so we take the mistake on the chin. Steffen will learn from it.

I was glad we restored our pride and competitiveness after that terrible first half.

Rowley Birkin QC

Liverpool can send Athletico a nice bunch of flowers in gratitude for that result. Not confident when I saw the team sheet. Glad we fought back and made more of a game of it in the second half, but while it might be the old pessimistic City fan in me - that some how felt inevitable. Not happy about the minutes silence disruption either. Some of our fans are Muppets.