News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Our 100 million pound Jack

Started by Stephen Paul, September 15, 2022, 10:56:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen Paul

Starting to get some heavy criticism for not performing

lee

bbk

He's being appropriately appraised, to my mind, and he's not up to scratch so far. I really like him and want him to succeed but so far the evidence suggests it's more likely he wont.

Stephen Paul

gavin

He wasn't good last night but overall I like him. It is going to be very hard to justify that price. We just have to judge if he contributes and he does, just not much last night. He's just on his way back in. Looked good in pre season. It is a long season and I reckon that he'll be producing the goods in it.

Neil Mcnab

He just needs to score a worldy, normal service resumed.

Victoria

I still think he is a waste of money, not worth £100m. However, I see he has had a hair cut 💇‍♂️ 😁

Stephen Paul

Victoria

And the other 40+ games he has not ? I seriously do not know why City bought this man!

silvablue

Quote from: Victoria on September 17, 2022, 21:58:04
And the other 40+ games he has not ? I seriously do not know why City bought this man!

It is not all about scoring, or assists for that matter. He has had his struggles settling into this team but is that really surprising as he was the icon at AV and played a maverick role and the game revolved around him. At City he is in a more rigid structure which requires greater patience and discipline.

There is no doubt in my mind that he can flourish and hopefully we will all see that this season more often.

Victoria

Silverblue, how long does it take to settle in? To me he is an average player, certainly not worth £100m. Also, I don't think he will improve as he has a limited skill set.
I'm just not buying into his hype even if City paid £50m for him.
Peps other buys have good for City, those players have improved under Pep. I just don't see Jack flourishing at City.

gavin

Pep has full faith in him and so should we. He's already got one Prem medal in his pocket and I expect a few more to come. He will get better for us, he is still finding his role in the team. Injuries have fucked him so far this season. That goal at the weekend will hopefully get him going again. He and Erling seem to hit it off. It looks leike those two and Phil will be our best three up front from now on.

KunDB

The £100m price tab is neither here nor there, not relevant at all. We paid mid fifties for Haaland and the whole world knew he was worth double or treble that. The price depends on the players contract situation and our need and willingness to pay to fill a gap.

Let's judge players on their performances and on that I'm very optimistic with Grealish. He also comes across as a great guy to have in the team.

gavin

Jack is going to come into his own in the next few weeks.

bbk

He's been a lot better the last few games. Superb!

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Stephen Paul

Quite a character of the pitch also helping kids with disabilities
Top man

gavin

The key factor is going to be whether he gets a run of games without injury now. He seems to be growing each game at the moment.