News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

v Rags

Started by gavin, October 02, 2022, 13:03:14

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

XI | Ederson, Walker, Akanji, Ake, Cancelo, Gundogan (C), De Bruyne, Bernardo, Foden, Haaland, Grealish

SUBS | Ortega Moreno, Carson, Dias, Laporte, Alvarez, Gomez, Mahrez, Palmer, Lewis

No Rodrigo. Must be injured. Surprised Dias isn't starting. Come on City.

lee

Rodri injured in training.

gavin

it should be ten at half time

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Just in London for the weekend (what a shit hole) and found a pub just as the second went in. Fekin sensational. Our tracking back doesn't look the best and as much as I love a good win, I love a clean sheet too. Load of rags knockin about down here n all. I see there were plenty leaving the Etihad so they can get an early train back down south :D

sir cliff

Blistering first half...

Victoria

Haalands second goal is definitely one of the best City goals I have ever seen!

Victoria

The scariest thing for the 'Rags' is that we have Alverez sitting on the bench who is just as good as Haaland in my view.😁😁

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Could see the rag goals were inevitable from the first half. Ah well, 3 points, 6 past the rags, 2 hat tricks for 2 true blues so a good day's work!

lee

i feel disappointed we let them score 3 goals..possibly the worse rag team ever

The Blue Blooded Maniac

You're right Lee, it could have been 10-0 but we had no dedicated holding midfielder and you could see attention was slipping in the last half an hour. It also didn't help that Pep brought on so many attacking players and also had Haaland and Alvarez even though the game was done.

But who am I to question him!!!

gavin

I feel disappointed too to only win by three. We were so much better than them. Scoreline flatters them.

silvablue

Initial response from me annoyance at letting them score three goals. However, it's really irrelevant in the big picture. A good old thrashing in the highest scoring Manchester derby game ever. Two hat tricks.

Best game of the season so far, first half, then switched off a lot.

C'mon City keep it rolling. Well done Phil & Erling.

lee

Pep says
Some players were not good today so they have to improve.

I wonder who?

Hesperus

3 for them flattered them massively and took the shine off slightly but still and awesome performance. Haarlands goals were just amazing. Great to do the posnan again and I like the new version of the Ya Ya Kolo song 🙂.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Quote from: lee on October 02, 2022, 17:35:27
Pep says
Some players were not good today so they have to improve.

I wonder who?

Haaland?

Go on mate, who? Like I said before the defence was shite but I put that down to not having the usual cover from Rodri.

lee

Quote from: The Blue Blooded Maniac on October 02, 2022, 17:57:23
Haaland?

Go on mate, who? Like I said before the defence was shite but I put that down to not having the usual cover from Rodri.

Hard to pick one out r kid but Cancelo was sloppy at times

KunDB

I think second half most of the team were guilty of taking their foot of the accelerator and passing and playing sloppy football.

When that happens, as Pep continually points out, it becomes an instinctive habit. Just look at Real Madrid home and away games last year.

It simply is not acceptable to chill out the second half of a game just because you won it first half; standards are standards.

Not fair to pick out players but our defence and midfield cover of defence was appalling second half, we just stood off and let them attack and take pots shots (Anthony). Exactly what cost Man Utd to be absolutely thrashed first half.

Otherwise what a great derby day and what a football game.

Sippy

How about naming a few: Cancelo, Ederson for a start.

Eddie was putting the full backs in trouble with his missed clip outs today, not his best. I also noted that his performances have been subject to some deterioration recently needs to up his game again to the very high standards he set.

gavin

Yeh, I didn't like the way that Ederson was fucking about when taking goal kicks in the second half. He shouldn't be clowning about against the rags whatever the score is.

Aside from that though, the rags were proper put in their place regardless of the late goals. They were never in the game. They were totally outclassed in the first half. The game was over.

Another incredible ten minutes from City before half time. Those third and fourth goals were pure class.

Stephen Paul

Pep is incredible week after week season after season