News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

'Football news'

Started by gavin, October 21, 2022, 21:20:34

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

The Football news sites seem to be getting worse week by week. Some of the dross produced is beyond belief. Daily stories about Erling leaving weeks after he has signed. Endless nonsense about what the likes of Simon Jordan and Jamie Carragher have said. It is probably much worse because we've just played one of the sainted sides of the media but I'm sick to the back teeth of seeing negative headlines about City lately. I should just stop clicking around football sites altogether. City are playing the best football and the Etihad is livelier than ever this season. Thank fook football is played on a pitch in a stadium not on a page.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

I'm suprised people still read them to be honest mate.

The only place I get footy news from these days is One Football. And no I'm not on commission!

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Which to be honest does have some naff gossip type stories but it's easy to filter through.

gavin

It does seem to be a bit less polluted with Scouse filth publications than NewsNow but still quite a few none stories and seemingly irrelevant stuff on there.

bbk

If you can tolerate stumbling upon the odd self-righteous, woke article, the Guardian football coverage is pretty good.

Stephen Paul

Bunch of bitter bitter bustards

KunDB

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2022/oct/24/erling-haaland-scoring-wear-off-manchester-city

Another anti-city boring article, just another dig at City by the journalist establishment with nothing interesting to write to earn a decent living (all of whom will be packing their cases to rush off to Qatar (their supposed state human right concerns ignored).

The media, as said, flooded with articles on Erling leaving as soon as he arrived (pathetic stuff really).

More recently, the media piling in to save Klopp and their own proclamations filling the papers with garbage that criticising state ownership is not hate talk, but it often is hate talk barely disguised. A prime example below from one of the chief pathetic journalists.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/jurgen-klopp-man-city-liverpool-b2205082.html

Totally ignoring that CFG is owned by not just one entity but several including american equity investment group.

It is time that City take a leaf out of SAF playbook and start to ban these journalists from the Eitihad press conferences and call them out. We fans should just ignore it.

bbk

I don't think that's really an anti-city article, it's more a general comment on repeated success, I thought. If you're after some thoughtful anti-city stuff, Jonathan Wilson is your man. It tickles me that City irk him.

Are some fans maybe a tiddle sensitive? It's not like the negative articles are commenting on any of us personally (parenting skills, genital prowess, vocal range, oral hygiene, etc.) so why would anyone care?

The baseline truth is that football fans generally like lowest common denominator piffle and this is why there is so much of it.

gavin

I don't mind the odd negative article but whenever we play Liverpool there is an overwhelming tide of them on the City news feeds.

KunDB

Klopp key off touching bank by FA receiving a fine instead. If it had been Pep what would have happened....

I do wonder.

Stephen Paul

Should have had a touchline ban

Sends the wrong message out

FA fuck up again

gavin

He should have been banned from the touchline and other managers would have been.