News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

v Borussia Dortmund CL

Started by KunDB, October 25, 2022, 19:06:33

Previous topic - Next topic

KunDB

Ortega Moreno, Stones, Dias, Ake, Cancelo, Mahrez, Rodrigo, Gundogan, Foden, Alvarez, Haaland

SUBS | Ederson, Carson, Grealish, Laporte, De Bruyne, Bernardo, Akanji, Palmer, Lewis, Wilson-Esbrand

A wake up call perhaps for an off key Ederson v Brighton?

C'mon City

gavin

Think he's probably just given the new guy some time in an almost dead rubber. Eddie did get an assist on Saturday, even though I agree he hasn't been so good lately. Interested to see Alvarez and Haaland together again.

Stephen Paul

C/Mon City

Let's give the haters even more to hate

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Didn't know the Reyna playing for dortmund was son of City's ex yank captain Claudio Reyna. Good lad.

lee

Piss poor first half.Mahrez offers nowt.

gavin

Not great half I believe - been disturbed by work so missed a lot too. Sort it out second half.

KunDB

Mahrez has been well out of any form this season. Needs benched.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

The Blue Blooded Maniac

And I wrote that before he missed the pen!

KunDB

Pathetic penalty attempt. Why is he not told no talking penalties. Grrrrrrr

gavin

Missed most of it but very disappointed to see City playing between the defenders endlessly at the end. We should be making a better attempt to win than that.

jingoe

He should never take another pen . And why the feck is he wearing gloves when it's not even cold? Wimp

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Quote from: KunDB on October 25, 2022, 21:33:33
Pathetic penalty attempt. Why is he not told no talking penalties. Grrrrrrr

And he was arguing with Diaz and Gunda over a free kick in the first half. He should have got in the summer but hopefully he'll go next summer. Let's hope he puts a good shift in the cups so we get a decent fee for him.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

He should have been subbed well before the pen, but after he missed it seemed that Pep feeled obliged to keep him on. Shite.

reddishblue

Ake MOTM for me. Good to see Stones back, he was a bit slow in the first half but vastly improved in the 2nd. Excellent management IMO.

Stephen Paul

Yes having big Stones back is a bonus

Haaland slight foot injury

bbk

Didn't see it, alas. Mahrez should be off pens. Why isn't Gundo hitting that? Mahrez has seemingly passed his sell by date. It can happen suddenly. He's been brilliant for us. But, unless there is a rectifiable, non-football reason for his fade, it's probably time to put him out to pasture.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

I disagree BBK, he's had a few good moments here and there, but I can't say I've been impressed with him for any longer than one game. He's a one trick pony and only seems to do well against the lower placed teams who might have a left back that is daft enough to not realise that he's just going to cut in on his left side and shoot.

bbk

Maybe brilliant was over stretching it! I still view him through the prism of that PSG performance (possibly both legs).

He's been very good and contributed well to a very good team for long stretches across 3-4 seasons. I think when he has a slump it is more noticeable, perhaps because his skill set is limited, but overall, he's been a solid performer for me. He's fucking frustrating at times which I think also amplifies his poor/less effective games.

lee

Never seen a player who can bring a ball down and trap it like Mahrez.He's got great tekkers.Never been a fan.Still cant forgive him for that penalty miss against the dippers.