News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Back in the Maine Road Days

Started by Stephen Paul, March 26, 2023, 14:06:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen Paul

If you met a City fan in the street you knew he was a blue but these days there are so many twats about

Suppose this come with success

Somedays I wish I was back at Maine Road with a full Kippax watching City battling for survival

gavin

If your crowd goes up from 30k to 50k then you're bound to have new fans. Some good, some bad, but all clubs have always had fans that they could do without. It fucking annoyed me when some booed Richard Edghill and Gary Mason to name just two targets. We're going to need a few thousand more when the new stand opens, for me they are welcome. Having said that, I wouldn't mind a few matches back on the old Kippax. I don't miss the bogs though. They were rancid.

Neil Mcnab

I miss her with the bell, who sold flowers at MRI. Look to the right from the Kippax and there she was, wasnt it?. The piss stones were a shit hole.

jingoe

Yes, Helen the bell. I don't miss the little scrotes saying 'Mind your car, sir? Just 50 pence'

reddishblue

I once ran through the bogs in the Kippax to miss some of the crush getting in. I went arse over tit as the floor was awash with you know what. Hurt quite a bit.

gavin

I bet you smelt quite a bit too.

When a big goal was scored, you could fly forward three or four steps down the stand at times. It really was a much more moving experience.

lee

Quote from: gavin on March 26, 2023, 21:05:13
If your crowd goes up from 30k to 50k then you're bound to have new fans. Some good, some bad, but all clubs have always had fans that they could do without. It fucking annoyed me when some booed Richard Edghill and Gary Mason to name just two targets. We're going to need a few thousand more when the new stand opens, for me they are welcome. Having said that, I wouldn't mind a few matches back on the old Kippax. I don't miss the bogs though. They were rancid.

Joey Barton was you favourite Gav.I remember you giving him dogs abuse as he took a corner.Im surprised he didn't down tools  and attack you lol.

gavin

Ha ha yeh, well it was pretty brave shouting abuse at that lunatic. Edgy was a true blue and had done nothing to deserve it.

Paul lakes knee

Quote from: Stephen Paul on March 26, 2023, 14:06:20
If you met a City fan in the street you knew he was a blue but these days there are so many twats about

Suppose this come with success

Somedays I wish I was back at Maine Road with a full Kippax watching City battling for survival
I'll never forget my first real City game- away to Wimbledon in 1991. Strangest feeling ever seeing hordes of City fans when you grew you in Belfast knowing 3 or 4 other blues and they were all family! Your point is valid Stephen, I think it's a combination of our success since 2008 and social media- I've blocked more City fans on Twitter than supporters of any other club.

Vickki

Unfortunately I never had that experience of the old Kippax stand. My first game was the season opener in 1997: Blackpool.
Having said that, im pissed off with the City fans here as the vast majority are jumping on the bandwagon. Although, I did meet a couple who where getting married and as part of their honeymoon took in a City game, Everton I think it was, but I answered all their questions. I hope they enjoyed the game.

gavin

As long as they stick with it when we have a lull in success. Some will.

Vickki

Gavin, I hope they do too...and wish 'em well!

lee

Quote from: Vickki on April 07, 2023, 13:44:43
Unfortunately I never had that experience of the old Kippax stand. My first game was the season opener in 1997: Blackpool.
Having said that, im pissed off with the City fans here as the vast majority are jumping on the bandwagon. Although, I did meet a couple who where getting married and as part of their honeymoon took in a City game, Everton I think it was, but I answered all their questions. I hope they enjoyed the game.

Was in the second tier of the Kippax that day..Brilliant atmosphere