News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Silverware and a future Star?

Started by KunDB, May 08, 2015, 23:04:55

Previous topic - Next topic

KunDB

Silverware definite.

Star, likely but as we know with emerging talent it is in the hands of the Gods.

EDS won PL International Cup against Porto at the CFA. ok not mega but nice to get any silverware and a feather in the cap for Vieira.

Future star Kelechi Iheanacho who scored the only goal, but has scored regularly in recent weeks. Made eye catching appearances on the American pre-season tour last year.

Story Link  :)

clevblue

iheanacho's had a few injury problems hasn't he? Would've done a lot more otherwise, very promising. I'm glad for Paddy V, I hope he gets a new contract (I couldn't stand him at one time :))

gavin

He looks a decent player but does he have a touch of Sturridge with the injuries and the individual approach?

goat

we need a few more happy to do it themselves, one or two wont hurt and gives other team something to think about...very least gives us something to get excited about

bluebrendan

Quote from: gavin on May 09, 2015, 12:34:57
He looks a decent player but does he have a touch of Sturridge with the injuries and the individual approach?

There is a similarity Gav, but to me he looks a more dangerous player than Sturridge at the same age.

KunDB

STORY LINK

Kelechi Iheanacho could make debut against Southampton

The striker has not yet joined up with Nigeria for the Under-20 World Cup and could feature for Manchester City on Sunday.

The young Nigerian was expected to join up with his international team-mates earlier this month, but will now not do so until after the Southampton game.

Manuel Pellegrini rates the striker highly and an end-of-season game with nothing resting on it for the hosts would be a perfect opportunity to give him some minutes.

A first competitive appearance for the Blues would cap an eventful year for Iheanacho.

The 18-year-old first caught the eye on City's 2014 summer tour. A few appearances in the US for the Blues was enough for Pellegrini to call him "a very important player for us in the future".

"It depends on the way he takes this profession, but I think he’s a good talent," he added.
Problems with work permits and injuries delayed his impact at the club, but Iheanacho has shown signs of his potential in recent months.

He scored in the first ten minutes of the second leg of the FA Youth Cup final, and his goal against Porto won the Premier League International Cup for City EDS.

Pellegrini has been a noticeable presence at youth team games lately, something which cannot be said for the whole season.

And those close to the player have played down the chance of him going out on loan, suggesting he could be included in the manager's first team planning for the next campaign as City look to reclaim the Premier League title.

A representative said last week: "Manchester City will not send him on loan. Plan A, B and C is for him to remain with the club next season."

The Blue Blooded Maniac

KunDB

Iheanacho played for the EDS today against our bitter rivals. Scored a brace in a 3 1 win could have got a hattrick with better fortune.

A real promising player.

nimrod

Quote from: Zabba on May 23, 2015, 14:58:06
Iheanacho played for the EDS today against our bitter rivals. Scored a brace in a 3 1 win could have got a hattrick with better fortune.

A real promising player.

English as well?

Swiss

Nigerian, but should be HG by 21

nimrod

Quote from: Swiss on May 24, 2015, 01:29:48
Nigerian, but should be HG by 21

He did look the biz in pre season

Does pelle like him though, his record on giving youngsters a chance doesnt dazzle

Swiss

I guess we'll see at 15:00 (or just before when the teamsheets are announced!).

Lots of players for the fans to say goodbye to today though  ;D

Tricky Trev

Yeah no. Absurd lineup, if there ever was a game to pick someone new this is it. Old boring shittegrini needs to go last year.