News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Silva & Aguero

Started by ebm1991, May 10, 2015, 15:49:59

Previous topic - Next topic

ebm1991

With all the in's and out's these are still our best players!

gavin

I would say so. They must not be sold. At 29 and 26 they should be the attacking focus of our team in the next couple of years. However it is just as important that we sort ourselves defensively. Vinny will hopefully have a better season next season and we must recruit and organise better at the back. We have scored more goals than the runaway champions but yet they are runaway champions. That tells a clear and painfully obvious tale. Silva and Aguero are our best players but next year we need defenders that match.

bluebrendan

We also need more energy in the middle of the park with Yaya becoming more and more lethargic.

Rowley Birkin QC

Yes Brendan - I do hope the powers that be have finally got their priorities sorted for this summer's transfer targets.

When ever anyone says we should get Bale (for example) I shudder. Not that I think Bale is bad player, and in other circumstances I'd be happy to see him at City - but with our current situation we have far more important matters in our ageing squad to throw large sums of cash at.

clevblue

I just hope they still want to stay after this season. You never know if a spanish or german club comes sniffing around them. That's why our bosses must make their intentions clear by more spending and probably more again. We might be able to slip past the FFP rules according to some on here, I can't remember who. If we lose our top players we lose momentum for another season and we can't afford to do that. It worries me

alexsam

Sources say we should have close to £150 million to spend without any money from sales

Lekos

KunDB

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on May 11, 2015, 13:08:26
Yes Brendan - I do hope the powers that be have finally got their priorities sorted for this summer's transfer targets.

When ever anyone says we should get Bale (for example) I shudder. Not that I think Bale is bad player, and in other circumstances I'd be happy to see him at City - but with our current situation we have far more important matters in our ageing squad to throw large sums of cash at.

We do not need another talented but lazy player in midfield. Yaya 2.

Lekos

nimrod

Quote from: Lekos on May 12, 2015, 23:02:37
Bale, lazy?! Mad.

I think Bale would be a great addition, if 150 mill is correct Id be happy to spend half on him

Swiss

KunDB

Bale is far from a hard worker and drifts in and mostly out of games. Good enough at what he does but not what we need and nowhere worth wasting £75m on, crazy thinking.

Lekos

Quote from: Zabba on May 13, 2015, 16:10:55
Bale is far from a hard worker and drifts in and mostly out of games. Good enough at what he does but not what we need and nowhere worth wasting £75m on, crazy thinking.

I can only presume you don't watch Spanish football.  17 goals and 10 assists in 40 games isn't bad now, is it.  The price is crazy, yes...but that's not his fault. 

KunDB

Quote from: Lekos on May 13, 2015, 21:55:42
Quote from: Zabba on May 13, 2015, 16:10:55

I can only presume you don't watch Spanish football.  17 goals and 10 assists in 40 games isn't bad now, is it.  The price is crazy, yes...but that's not his fault.

It is the price more than his ability/form that puts me right off. Messi or maybe for better comparison Ronaldo for that money, just maybe, but we have wasted so much money in recent transfer windows on players who underperform and under work it would feel a bit like putting all our eggs in one basket.

Surely we could get a few very decent players for that money and for a lot less wages as well.

I am not convinced he has the biting edge and competitiveness that is necessary when the going gets tough (like tonight's CL semi - missed a gilt edged chance).