News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

@ Wolves

Started by gavin, September 30, 2023, 14:04:17

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

CITY XI: Ederson, Walker (C), Akanji, Dias, Ake, Kovacic, Nunes, Foden, Doku, Alvarez, Haaland

Subs: Ortega Moreno, Carson, Phillips, Grealish, Gomez, Gvardiol, Bobb, Lewis.

About as expected again really. Phillips and Grealish didn't do enough midweek to keep their places.

Stephen Paul

Should be enough to win

KunDB

Our defending has been error strewn this season. Time for Pep to pick the same defence consistently

KunDB

Usual crap referring. Bottled the big decision the referee.

gavin

Poor half from City. Unfortunate that they had one attack and managed to score from an own goal though. The ref bottled a sending off at the end and how he managed not to give a foul on Doku a bit earlier is a complete mystery.

KunDB

More pathetic defending second half. Well we ever learn that Wolves are putting the ball up field so Neto can out sprint Ake.

gavin

Of course the bloke that scores their second is the one that should have been sent off.

KunDB

Wolves good, referee shit, City woeful.

Other than the free kick we did little.

A massive wake up call that needs heeded by the squad.

Philip's was fine today.

Neil Mcnab

Shite, they wanted it more, left everything on the field. They ran and ran and competed non stop. I have faith in Pep who had a great view to sort it out.

lee

Too much fuckin about outside the box and not launching one into the big lad.
Shit today.

Hesperus

Two very bad results and dreadful performance today. Not good.

I still have my doubts over the quality of our summer signings compared to those we lost.

Early days though.

Stephen Paul

That Rodri red card is taking effect

KunDB

Quote from: Neil Mcnab on September 30, 2023, 17:02:28
Shite, they wanted it more, left everything on the field. They ran and ran and competed non stop. I have faith in Pep who had a great view to sort it out.

I agree with that, they won because they wanted it so much more than we did.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Quote from: KunDB on September 30, 2023, 17:00:21
Philip's was fine today.

Would have liked to have seen him be in a bit of a better position for the second goal cos he was just jogging back while they were attacking. He'd just come on and he's a defensive player so no excuse not to.

But he was the last of our problems today. We were just shite all round.

chocovla

At least the rags managed some consolation...

gavin

It softens the blow when the rags and scousers lose. I've said since KDB's injury that we just need to stay in contention until he comes back. All is good whilst we are top of course. I was hoping that we would win today so that we could afford not to next week against Arsenal. But we need a decent result now. There is always ups and downs in a season. I still reckon that the signings are very good. If Phillips is to stay at City then he needs to be found a different role.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Phillips for pot wash!

Vickki

Disappointed for sure, but the reality is we can't win all the games we play.

Stephen Paul