News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Predictions and match build up for the Rags away. Sunday 3.30pm PL

Started by Stephen Paul, October 26, 2023, 03:07:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen Paul

off to the swamp for the first derby of the season

Hopefully VAR will be honest this time around after last season's shambolic decisions against the blues.

A big test this weekend   

The Blue Blooded Maniac

The rags have beat Sheffield United and urm... *checks notes* oh ye, FC Copenhagen in the same week. They now have the best keeper and centre back the world has ever seen so are on an unstoppable charge towards the Premier league title.

10-0 to the rags.

KunDB

I do wonder what treat the officials have in store for Utd this time, to give them a goal advantage.

I hope enough of our team remember, with bitterness, how the officials cheated us last derby game and are fueled for payback this time.

Pep, no hesitation go for their jugular from the start.

C'mon City

1. 2. City win

gavin

I really hope that Phil is fit. He has looked on the edge of greatness at times this season. Though, as above, my biggest concern is what sort of reffing we will get. There is no question that City are a far superior side.

Stephen Paul

Officials

Referee: Paul Tierney
Assistants: Neil Davies, Scott Ledger.
Fourth official: Craig Pawson.
VAR: Michael Oliver.
Assistant VAR: Stuart Burt.

Stephen Paul

gavin

The rags are longer that 3/1 at home, that says a lot. On paper and grass it is a City win. The refs and VAR studio could make it otherwise.

Stephen Paul

100 % agree, the only way we will lose is VAR fuck ups or down to 10 men 

gavin

Stephen Paul

Stephen Paul

TEAM NEWS
Manchester City defender Manuel Akanji is suspended for this match following his red card against Brighton.

Kevin de Bruyne is the only confirmed absentee from manager Pep Guardiola's squad.

Stephen Paul

A third consecutive away league defeat would equal their longest losing streak on the road under Pep Guardiola, set between March and July 2020 (at Manchester United, Chelsea and Southampton).

They are aiming to avoid going seven games without a clean sheet for the first time since a run of 10 from October to December 2019.

Guardiola's four Premier League wins at Old Trafford is the most by a visiting manager.

Of all managers to have faced the Red Devils at least 10 times in the Premier League, Guardiola is the only one to have won at least half of his games against them, claiming seven wins from 14.

Since Guardiola joined City in 2016, they have earned 142 more points than Man Utd (646 to 504), winning 59 more league games (204 to 145) and scored 226 more goals (678 to 452).

City are unbeaten in each of the 37 fixtures Rodri has played in since a 1-0 league defeat at Spurs in February 2023.

gavin

Good shout Stephen. Shame on me for thinking the rags would score.

Stephen Paul

Quote from: gavin on October 29, 2023, 21:40:32
Good shout Stephen. Shame on me for thinking the rags would score.
Cheers Gavin
we totally embarrassed them in their own back yard