News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

these 115 charges

Started by Stephen Paul, November 11, 2023, 11:12:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen Paul

where the fcuk are they?

Oh i forgot, the media only start talking about them when we are challenging for trophies   

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Is there a list of them at all or is just a random number that look good on the back of the papers?

Stephen Paul

There must be a list but obviously confidential until a decision is made.

You can be sure Citys legal team will be all over this and preparing for a legal fight

gavin

There is a list but they got it wrong to start with. They originally, accidentally, included stuff such as the grass being too long because the rule numbers actually change some years. It is nowhere near that number of actual financial offences either. There's stuff such as failing to comply with the investigations of those out to get us and breaching UEFA rules that we've already been done for.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/3045970

KunDB

Quote from: Stephen Paul on November 11, 2023, 12:30:38
There must be a list but obviously confidential until a decision is made.

You can be sure Citys legal team will be all over this and preparing for a legal fight

This is no court of law, nor court of arbitration. It is a court of your peers with no legal appeal allowed.

gavin

The Premier League Rules state that they are subject to English Law and therefore there is a prospect of appeal on that basis.

Stephen Paul

It's back on the media quicker than I thought

Hesperus

Not to say we will be found guilty on the 115. But if we are, clearly going to be a huge sanction against us and relegation for certain, how far who knows and Chelsea too by the looks of things.

Stephen Paul

I would be surprised if we got off tbh

zacc

The recent events with Everton has kicked off the brouhaha again about City then Chelsea.
Again referring to how far City will be relegated, assumption City are guilty as usual .
It was muted City will be back in lowest leagues blah blah course made me laugh having worn that T shirt out decades ago.
Recall KO time being extended at Swindon so many City supporters to let in.
Some how I reckon the Blue Moon will rise above it all eh?

gavin

Yes Zacc, football is all about ups and downs and supporting your team through them. City fans will persevere no matter what.

chocovla

Quote from: zacc on November 18, 2023, 18:43:43
The recent events with Everton has kicked off the brouhaha again about City then Chelsea.
Again referring to how far City will be relegated, assumption City are guilty as usual .
It was muted City will be back in lowest leagues blah blah course made me laugh having worn that T shirt out decades ago.
Recall KO time being extended at Swindon so many City supporters to let in.
Some how I reckon the Blue Moon will rise above it all eh?

Mostly idle hopes for the red shirt supporting teams. Almost looks like a mirror of the media coverage during the CAS bruhaha. The press already had sold all our top players and relegated us to league one without any foundation back then as well. Innocent until proven guilty never washes well with these red tops.

gavin

The media is definitely against us but it is a bit desperate for the Sheikh to buy the Torygraph to begin to redress the balance.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2023/nov/20/redbird-imi-telegraph-spectator-barclay-family-loans-debts

Stephen Paul

Quote from: gavin on November 20, 2023, 21:06:20
The media is definitely against us but it is a bit desperate for the Sheikh to buy the Torygraph to begin to redress the balance.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2023/nov/20/redbird-imi-telegraph-spectator-barclay-family-loans-debts

Interesting

reddishblue

The red dippers are pushing the PL to issue a decision before next season according to some.

bbk

Would be handy to know at some point. The Everton thing has a pre-emptive benchmark feel about it.

Stephen Paul

You can be rest assured City's legal team will be well prepared for this and the rest of the PL haters may watch out as this will open a can of worms   

gavin

They are making the game they are supposed to be caretakers of look farcical with all these nonsense charges. The game would be better off without this. I don't see any issue with investing in your own business. Chelsea, Newcastle, Everton, City and anyone else should be free to do it.

gavin

Pep says that he's more likely to stay if we we play in League One than if we win the Champions League. He's getting the City feeling now.

reddishblue

Quick question, of the 115 how many are the same charge alleged over multiple seasons?