News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Real out of CL

Started by nimrod, May 14, 2015, 07:11:08

Previous topic - Next topic

nimrod

Good news

They will sack Ancelloti

Can we have him please?

Lekos

It's already in the media that Pelle is staying.  If the powers that be really do want Pep, sticking with Pelle for another season makes sense, as their contracts run out at the same time (end of next season).

clevblue

Quote from: Lekos on May 14, 2015, 08:00:56
It's already in the media that Pelle is staying.  If the powers that be really do want Pep, sticking with Pelle for another season makes sense, as their contracts run out at the same time (end of next season).

Ah, that makes sense. But so does Ancelotti

bry the guy

Well i hope pep it telling them who the players are that he wants.

bluebrendan

Quote from: Lekos on May 14, 2015, 08:00:56

Do you think Bayern will be happy to let Guardiola run down his contract? 

Lekos

Don't know Brenda. But he did at Barca didn't he? Seems a bit convenient that both their contracts end at the same time, the Barca boys are at city and Pep has said he will "see out his contract" a few days back, but mentioned nothing of a new one.

All sorts of spurious details coming together!

gavin

Wouldn't surprise me at all to see Pep at City next season or the season after if it doesn't happen this summer. I'm not entirely convinced by what he has done with the defence at Bayern but then I know that our defence is worse under Pelle than it was for a few years under Mancini. It doesn't seem to be getting better at all. I'd favour change even though Pep hasn't entirely convinced at Bayern - he did have the best team in living memory at Barca and although he was without doubt fortunate with the players at hand he certainly played a part in it's success.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Pep had a holiday in New York when he left Barca....

Neil Mcnab

Guardiola has not been tested. He had the best team in La Liga.
He moved onto to the biggest club by far in Germany, virtually guaranteed some form of success every season. Not a shabby squad there either. At the end of each season they can buy the best players from their nearest rivals.

While it is possible for him to come, Burgerstain will continue to be in post. His signings have been a shambles. Were stuck with Mangala, we could not sell him for half we paid for him. Even then we would probably end up subsidising his wages. The best transfer the club can do is transfer Burgerstain out. If that means Pep wont come in, no worries.

Ancelloti and  Klopp are the only realistic candidates. We need a hungry manager, Ancelotti looks like he is sorted in that area. That leaves Klopp.

Swiss

I don't get this " he's not been tested" theory...
Yer ok, he's fortunate to have been at two very good teams, but he's won a fook load of trophhies!

Barcelona
La Liga: 2008â€"09, 2009â€"10, 2010â€"11
Copa del Rey: 2008â€"09, 2011â€"12
Supercopa de España: 2009, 2010, 2011
UEFA Champions League: 2008â€"09, 2010â€"11
UEFA Super Cup: 2009, 2011
FIFA Club World Cup: 2009, 2011
Bayern Munich
Bundesliga: 2013â€"14, 2014â€"15
DFB-Pokal: 2013â€"14
UEFA Super Cup: 2013
FIFA Club World Cup: 2013

Those teams have had some very good managers in the past who have struggled to win things!

Neil Mcnab

If you have the best team, you are a good manager, you are (more than likely) going to win. With the squads at Barca and Munich, Frank Clark, Phil Neal, Alan Ball and the stadium manager would have had a shout at a roll call of honours.

Winning with not the best team is much more difficult. If Moaninho had been our manager this year, we would have won the league. It wouldnt have been pretty.

The best recently has been Ferguscum 12-13 with at best top six team won the league.

The jury is out as to whether "Pep" could do the same. Because its unlikely we would have the best team in Europe any time soon. The competition for our own league is intense, doubt we will have the best squad. Very close, but no daylight between the rest. We are not talking one other team like La Liga/Bundesliga, three very close rivals and two/three fairly close.

Swiss

Steady now, Alan Ball couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery!

By that logic, Morinho was untested, Mancini was untested, Wenger was definitely untested...

Neil Mcnab

Alright - I dont like Pep hes a wrong un and no good for us.

Moaninho had just won the chumps league, he was very, very hot property. I wont talk up Mancini. Wenger is very astute and great as a business asset. Not a serial winner is he.

Swiss

That's fine, I'm not having a go! Just interested in the 'untested' argument. That wankered ruminegger said today though that the 5 trophies pep has won in two years is a record for them.

I like wenger, but he got so stuck up his own Arse with his youth god complex that he shot himself in the foot by not rejuvenating his squad.
Plays good expansive and attacking footie. Overmars, Bergkamp, Henry, Pires... suberb!

I also like pep in that he sets his teams out to hold, create, quick pass and move, but to also work hard to win the ball back quickly too.

clevblue

Quote from: Swiss on May 17, 2015, 02:25:47

I also like pep in that he sets his teams out to hold, create, quick pass and move, but to also work hard to win the ball back quickly too.

Just what we seem unable to do most of the time.

zacc

unlike Ancelotti , Pep has no PL experience and it's games v Stoke etc are the challenge he'd be at a loss methinks.

Neil Mcnab

The strong end to the season must be counting in Pelles favour. If the owners dont fancy Klopp or possibly Ancelloti (must be in danger), other viable managers are not on the market at the moment. They maybe thinking carry on Pelle?
Perhaps then they have in mind both Pelle and Pep have contracts ending next year, perfect timing?

KunDB

Not a convincing strung end to the season as our defence is still all over the place and it is hard to see us win the PL with a wobbling defence.

Even harder to imagine Pelle shoring up and stabilising the defence.

bry the guy

We have the best attack and about 4th best defence in the prem and i think if we picked a defence and stuck to it our season would have been much better this season......The spending cap also held us back too so next season we could/should be much stronger even with Pelle incharge

Swiss

I'm going to echo what others have said in different threads. It's the midfield that's the problem.
Not enough pace and/ or determination. Swansea won that midfield battle for most of the match until they had something to protect and forgot how to play.
Mentality is a funny thing really!