News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

City victory in PL dispute

Started by The Blue Blooded Maniac, September 26, 2024, 14:54:33

Previous topic - Next topic

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Man City earn significant victory in PL legal dispute via @Onefootball. Read it here:

https://onefootball.com/editorial/40088229?language=en

The Blue Blooded Maniac

This has fook all to do with the 115 thing, am I right?

Stephen Paul

haven't a bloody clue

bloody oil money  :D 

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Who gives a shite Stevie. We'll just dish out some brown envelopes and sweep it all under the rug  😁

Kilkenny Blue

If true it's a massive win.  As far as I know, City challenged the actual legality of the proposal.  I mean, how can you cut off obvious choices for sponsors.  It just means that the PL & UEFA have to scrutinise the deals and ratify them as normal.  It also highlights how inept of an association they are.  I wonder if the PL would have tabled this proposal if the Qatari deal for Utd had gone through?

gavin

Any defeat for the League is good news. They as puppets of the red mafia cannot do whatever they want.

KunDB

Let's not get too excited, yet, it might be a partial win. The assumption is that the PL withdrawing on a vote on adjustment of APT rules indicates a win for City (of some sort). 

It will not be clear what the outcome is until the club or Pl or tribunal issue the findings.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Was just about to post the same. Got a One Football link below for those who don't want to give the Daily Mail traffic.

Manchester City win APT legal case against Premier League via @Onefootball. Read it here:

https://onefootball.com/editorial/40139552?language=en

Kilkenny Blue

"The Tribunal also ruled that there was an unreasonable delay in the Premier League's fair market value assessment of two of the Club's sponsorship transactions, and so the Premier League breached its own rules."

Says it all really.  How much did the PL waste on legal fees while drafting the new rules?  Hope they kept the receipt  :D

I'd say that will have a big impact on the credibility of the PL. The obvious questions arising from this what were they trying to achieve and was there any undue pressure from outside sources?  I think we all know the answer to that.

As previously mentioned, this could well have a major impact on the 115 charges. One of the big points made was that the rules were discriminatory against City as they deliberately excluded other clubs who benefited from interest free shareholder loans.  The ruling has seemingly sided with City and their view that these interest free owner loans are no different than the APT sponsorship!  I have been saying this ever since the original charges were issued by UEFA.  Why would City need to break rules to inject money into the club when there were perfectly legal ways to achieve the same thing?

reddishblue

Martin Samuel article - Highlights the fact that PSR rules are now likely to have to take into consideration share holder loans. It could get more interesting...

https://archive.ph/7O0Dg

reddishblue

jingoe

What a fantastic article by Martin Samuels! It's astonishing that the PL is claiming a victory in all of this

gavin

There are a lot of highly paid jobs at stake so of course they will claim sort sort of victory. We will see when the new rules are agreed if they can cling to that claim at all. The red mafia agreed that the interest free loans from shareholders would not be included for strong reasons. It could be that enough clubs would rather abandon large parts of the rules than allow those to be included.

Stephen Paul

Great news

The Red media in meltdown

Kilkenny Blue

I'm shocked at the largely timid response from the media.  It seems that bar Martin Samuel, I haven't seen any in depth analysis about the rulings.  No discussions in relation to possible outcomes to the zero or interest free owner loans.  Compare that to the media rhetoric against City and the journalistic hyperbole based on speculation not fact.

gavin

I'm loving City's really aggressive stance at calling out the Premier League as liars. City aggro, City aggro.

Stephen Paul

The media keeping a low profile on this now City have the upper hand

Bitter jealous wankers the lot of them