News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Penalty controversy

Started by The Blue Blooded Maniac, June 20, 2015, 16:12:58

Previous topic - Next topic

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Swiss

goal
(I'm guessing this is in a pen shootout).

The keeper wasn't in full control of the ball and fumbled it into the onion bag

The Blue Blooded Maniac

I agree but if you read the comments there's a few rules chucked about which make it interesting and some studying for you to do ;)

Swiss

bry the guy

zacc

penalty for me but then if it'd been my keeper would have felt hard done by!! :-\

bluebrendan

Quote from: Durk on June 20, 2015, 17:23:05
I agree but if you read the comments there's a few rules chucked about which make it interesting and some studying for you to do ;)
Some of the comments remind me of the odd clown sitting near me at the Etihad, the ones who claim offside from a throw-in etc!

I would say it's a goal - the kid makes the mistake of trying to catch the ball, if he'd just slapped it away it wouldn't have gone in. But there's nothing specific in the laws of the game that I can see relating to this sort of incident so it's really at the ref's discretion.

Lekos

If it's a penalty in normal time it should be a goal.  I've seen similar things happen during penalty shoot outs in international tournaments and no goal given...in fact no one batted an eyelid.