News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

FFP

Started by Victoria, August 02, 2015, 03:06:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Victoria

I think FFP is having a negative effect on CITY more than we are led to believe. City's rivals have spent and strengthened their team; City, simply put; have not! I personally would not class Sterling & Delph an improvement rather a status quo, which has become a step babackwards by comparison.

bry the guy

Stirling is a upgrade on Milner and Delph replaced Lampard who is aging and has been injured for ages now,has he made his debut for NYC yet?

Ludo

It doesn't matter how much money we have, if players don't want to join they won't.

gavin

Lampard came on as sub last night. We have lost two midfielders and soon it seems two attackers. We have signed a midfielder in Delph and an attacker in Sterling. We have not addressed our main weakness last season, the defence, at all and it shows. I don't think it is down to FFP. We have spent and will probably spend again but not seemingly where we need to. Mind you we did waste a load of money there last summer unless Mangala improves markedly.

Stephen Paul

One more signing required !!

Victoria

City are clearly not spending the money they were doing before FFP. I do not think Delph and Sterling add to the team; bring nothing new to the table. I do agree that City's defensive players need adding to or changing or fire the defensive coach!

Swiss

Quote from: stephenmcfc on August 02, 2015, 10:14:22
One more signing required !!

I'd say 5

1 Cb
1 RB
1 LB
1 CM
1 WF

Rowley Birkin QC

5? We'll be doing well if we get 2

Swiss

Just saying that's what we need

KunDB

We need DeBruyne and Pogba (or equivalent) and that is what the Chairman led us to believe, so I believe.

Anyone who cannot see Sterling has class is not looking hard enough, imo.

nimrod

Quote from: Zabba on August 02, 2015, 20:54:19
We need DeBruyne and Pogba (or equivalent) and that is what the Chairman led us to believe, so I believe.

Ive never heard anyone say he's not a class player

Just that Im not sure he's worth 49 million quid

Our priority this summer shouldve been to strengthen the defence considerably (plus DM), we score enough goals and let too many in, thats why we lost out to Chelsea....Im amazed that we are not spending what money we can spend on defenders

Stephen Paul

getting on a bit for more signings

bry the guy

Its only the odd goal we let in that beats us and its normally against the teams that are fighting to stay up so do we we need to score more or defend better...We need a new defence,im happy with the attack and midfield.

Ludo

Quote from: nimrod on August 03, 2015, 00:11:21
Quote from: Zabba on August 02, 2015, 20:54:19

Ive never heard anyone say he's not a class player

Just that Im not sure he's worth 49 million quid

Our priority this summer shouldve been to strengthen the defence considerably (plus DM), we score enough goals and let too many in, thats why we lost out to Chelsea....Im amazed that we are not spending what money we can spend on defenders

The problem last year was NOT scoring enough goals - we scored 20 less than in '13-14 but conceded only one goal more.

nimrod

Quote from: bry the guy on August 03, 2015, 02:11:14
Its only the odd goal we let in that beats us and its normally against the teams that are fighting to stay up so do we we need to score more or defend better...We need a new defence,im happy with the attack and midfield.

yeah Bry

Chippy_Tea

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on August 02, 2015, 14:22:56
5? We'll be doing well if we get 2

If we can only have 2 we need cover for Zab and a LB.

gavin

It is centre half I'd be looking at primarily. But the entire back four is dodgy at the moment. The manager also need to take a good deal of the blame because many of these defenders have played in good defences.

zacc

FFP has effected City not sure if for good or bad as the club is more than capable of buying, attracting quality players.
Fact they may not is more down to those doing the deals and targeted players not wanting to come to City methinks.
Whomever is targeting defensive players is making an odd job of it I reckon.

Swiss

Stopping buying them from Porto would be a start!

Long term FFP will be a good thing for city as it only serves to keep the established at the top of the table.

KunDB

John Stones would be good, if only to rattle up our complacent defence and out of form CBs.

DeBruyne is a must and I believe he will sign for us this window.

Pogba could help shore us our midfield to give cover to our dodgy back four, though I feel disappointment that we did not grab Arturo Vidal (might have last year only for FFP).