News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

nfl league thing

Started by goat, November 14, 2014, 15:41:30

Previous topic - Next topic

goat

Quote from: bluebrendan on April 05, 2015, 22:13:57
Quote from: reddishblue on April 05, 2015, 18:36:04
Before we start, how many players on a team?

Fantasy NFL team usually consists of:

1 Quarterback
2 Running Backs
2 Wide Receivers
1 Tight End
1 "Flex" player - usually one of WR, RB or TE
5 Kicker
1 Defence/Special Teams outfit

plus 6 or 7 bench players to cover for injuries or bye weeks or loss of form.

Also there's always one clown in any league who offers ridiculous trades - that is he'll offer to swap two or three of his crap players to some unsuspecting newbie in return for your star draft pick. I'll leave you to guess who that will be in this league.  :D

edited brendas obvious mistake

goat

you cant use a te as a flex brenda

bluebrendan

Quote from: goat on April 05, 2015, 22:15:47
you cant use a te as a flex brenda

You can in any well managed NFL.com league.  :P

goat

yeah but you lose out on 300 points for your quaterback taking a snap or whatever i managed to do the first time

goat

eagles signing fucking jesus tomorrow

reddishblue

the eagles are shit anyway, don't worry about it.

goat

hotel california was alright

reddishblue

any steely dan album for me.

goat

fingers crossed

ste hux ‏@goat101010  5s5 seconds ago
hi @TimTebow  , not sure the eagles fans are that christian, they booed santa, id skip signing for them if i was you mate. cheers

goat

anyway, getting close to the kick off, draft next week i think. should have a bigger league but if anyone wants to drop out let me know draft day or if any other fucker wants to join

bluebrendan

Quote from: goat on April 20, 2015, 11:41:42
anyway, getting close to the kick off, draft next week i think. should have a bigger league but if anyone wants to drop out let me know draft day or if any other fucker wants to join
What are you on about, there's no need to draft the fantasy league until August. Are you just trying to steal a march on the rest of us - don't worry, nobody will be trying to pinch Mark Sanchez off you.  :D

goat

meant nfl draft day not the fantasy one you old sod

last year i had the daft swedish lad and bongo fucking around up till the last minute, want to avoid that

BongoBlue

Well then, maybe I will start early this year and do my best to draft that best-evoh QB and ex-Patriot; Tim "God Himself" Tebow... :D

Or just do what I did last year... ;)

goat

ill bet a quid tebow isnt an eagle by the time of the falcons game

BongoBlue

Probably won't take that bet. He might be gone by the time training camp breaks... ;)

goat

new bloke had his invite yesterday but he seems a bell

nfl nagging me to sort out the draft, seeing as im up 24 fucking 7 the time doesnt matter to me so ill let you vote on when and how it is

goat

3 added to the league

bluebrendan

Quote from: goat on April 30, 2015, 17:48:41
new bloke had his invite yesterday but he seems a bell

nfl nagging me to sort out the draft, seeing as im up 24 fucking 7 the time doesnt matter to me so ill let you vote on when and how it is

I'd prefer it after the pre-season games start, at least that gets most of the career-ending injuries out of the way.  :D

Let's have a live online draft this time, around 8-10pm.

goat

that time is no good for the yanks in league, they dont finish work till around 10

agree with after preseason, let tebow getting cut happen first

i messaged reddish yesterday about joining seeing as he nagged, if he fucks about gav and my lad are happy to drop out

goat

and career ending injuries only happen to top recievers when i get them