News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Chinese vist

Started by zacc, October 23, 2015, 13:51:56

Previous topic - Next topic

zacc

The Blue Blooded Maniac

gavin

I don't think it reflects well on City to have him at the Academy and the Chinese President is a tosser too.

In all seriousness it is embarrassing for the UK to bow and scrape to the dictator of a country with a dreadful human rights record. It is absolutely crazy inviting them to be involved with the building of a nuclear power station on UK territory,.

Lekos

Quote from: gavin on October 23, 2015, 20:03:09
I don't think it reflects well on City to have him at the Academy and the Chinese President is a tosser too.

In all seriousness it is embarrassing for the UK to bow and scrape to the dictator of a country with a dreadful human rights record. It is absolutely crazy inviting them to be involved with the building of a nuclear power station on UK territory,.

Wrong forum Gav.

zacc

The Chinese President inevitably (red colour thing) follows Utd apparently head honchos at Manchester City council who are City supporters couldn't bring themselves to organise that trip instead they sorted a visit to MCFC.

goat

bluebrendan

I can't stand Cameron but if the government of the day is trying to get investment into the region then I guess we have to put up with these sort of stunts.

As with any country with a poor human rights record it's the debate about whether isolating them is going to improve things. It doesn't seem to have helped ordinary North Koreans or Iranians much.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

While he was here he inducted Sun Jihai into the national footy museum Hall of fame.

Not for his footballing talents, but for his work as an ambassador for the English game, of course.

Neil Mcnab

We have to live in the real world, the country runs on borrowed money and has a massive balance of trade deficit. We need investment and the Chinese have billions of pounds to spend, earned from selling to us much more than we sell to them.
We need to bow and scrape to more than the Chinese.
What about human rights in the UAE?

gavin

You have a point about the UAE for human rights but it is not in the same class as China. There has to be a balance between money and principle and the UK has gone far too far in concentrating on money. It is embarrassing to be praised by China for ignoring human rights.

As far as City are concerned the owners from the UAE have been near perfect it has to be said. One of the interesting things for me has been how they have focussed a lot on Women's football which I really didn't expect.

Swiss

Quote from: bluebrendan on October 24, 2015, 00:20:50
I can't stand Cameron but if the government of the day is trying to get investment into the region then I guess we have to put up with these sort of stunts.

As with any country with a poor human rights record it's the debate about whether isolating them is going to improve things. It doesn't seem to have helped ordinary North Koreans or Iranians much.

A sensible post. Marginalising a country like China is a very bad idea for the future. There are a lot of changes happening in China and bringing them into the world community can only hasten democratic change.
Public protest grows and must be encouraged in a peaceful manner

nimrod

KunDB

When you stop following principles of decency and respect for human rights in pursuit of money, you harm every person in thiis country.

Sadly its been that way in politics in ?Britain for a long time.