News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Everton v City League Cup Semi

Started by gavin, December 02, 2015, 22:03:06

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

Lekos

So dippers are already in the final then. Should be a good couple of games for us against the Toffees.

KunDB

Happy, tough draw but never was going to be easy. Away second leg a big help.

guidebridgeblue

Sooner play Everton than Stoke and obviously Liverpool

A very attractive final if the favourites make it through

nimrod

Quote from: Lekos on December 02, 2015, 22:05:17
So dippers are already in the final then. Should be a good couple of games for us against the Toffees.

2 hard games for a meaningless  cup

I mean why does it have to be 2 games anyway ffs?

Ludo

It's always been home and away in the league Cup and at the end of the day a trophy's a trophy.

bry the guy

A meaningless  cup?we used to dream about getting to any final and a semi final was good,lets not forget ourselves.

Stephen Paul

hopefully we can go on a win this cup again and hopefully beat the dippers on the way

nimrod

Quote from: bry the guy on December 03, 2015, 01:22:05
A meaningless  cup?we used to dream about getting to any final and a semi final was good,lets not forget ourselves.

ok maybe you did dream of winning it but I never did, so Im not gonna start now

lee

gavin

I dreamt of winning any trophy. I was gutted when we lost in the final of the full members cup.

bluebrendan

Quote from: nimrod on December 02, 2015, 22:59:05
2 hard games for a meaningless  cup

I mean why does it have to be 2 games anyway ffs?
Meaningless?? My first trip to Wembley was for the 1970 League Cup Final, one of my best memories as a City fan.

The alternative to a 2-leg SF is midweek games on a neutral ground, or even worse, Wembley.

nimrod

Quote from: bluebrendan on December 03, 2015, 10:54:57
Meaningless?? My first trip to Wembley was for the 1970 League Cup Final, one of my best memories as a City fan.

The alternative to a 2-leg SF is midweek games on a neutral ground, or even worse, Wembley.

mine too Brendo  :)

I was into it in those days but I dont know, Im only interested in City winning 2 things every year, the prem and chumps

I think its because people like bacon face and arse n wenger cheapened the cups by playing 2nd string teams year on year, I kinda lost interest in domestic cups, maybe its different for you living in Manchester with the thought of a day out at Wembley

bluebrendan

Quote from: nimrod on December 03, 2015, 11:16:45
mine too Brendo  :)

I was into it in those days but I dont know, Im only interested in City winning 2 things every year, the prem and chumps

I think its because people like bacon face and arse n wenger cheapened the cups by playing 2nd string teams year on year, I kinda lost interest in domestic cups, maybe its different for you living in Manchester with the thought of a day out at Wembley
I wish, nimmers! I'm stuck 5 miles north of the arse end of the universe (aka Blackpool).  ;)

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Quote from: gavin on December 03, 2015, 10:45:51
I dreamt of winning any trophy. I was gutted when we lost in the final of the full members cup.

I was gutted when we lost a place in the uefa cup to middlesbore!

bry the guy

A Fowler last min pen miss and they went all the way to loooose the final.Thats if im thinking about the same game.

Ludo

Yes that's the one. David James played up front at the end as well.