News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

SWP

Started by gavin, November 29, 2014, 13:17:04

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

Was posting about Micah and started thinking about players who talk about improving but actually went backwards and into my mind popped SWP. All the talk was that he'd improved and added facets to his game whilst at Chelsea but he actually cam back a player who had lost the key part of his game. His quality of skipping past players was largely missing on his return from Chelsea. Seems to me that for all the talk of top coaching at top clubs improving players, it actually in many cases ruins players. When you remember him terrorising defence under Pearce for City it seems amazing that he struggles to get near the team at QPR at 32. Pace was a big part of his game but still it seems to be more that he was ruined at Chelsea.

Sweep

goat

always thought he stood out more because of the massive amount of shit around him, had a few nice moments tho

bluebrendan

Mourinho bulked him up a bit and took away the suppleness that allowed him to ride tackles.

Swiss

Taught him diving too...

QuoteWhen you remember him terrorising defence under Pearce for City

I don't remember many of our players terrorising defences under Pearce!?!?!?!

I do remember Pearce slating the coaching of Keegan though, he said all they did in training were 5 a side matches...

gavin

I can assure you he did in our charge for Europe which was ended by Robbie missing that penner. After SWP went it was all down hill though.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

I think the thing is at the time city were a mid table team so whatever opposition we had they would provide a good open game with space to run I to behind the defence. When at Chelsea though the opposition would have ten men across the box so he was never going to get the chance or space to run at the defence.

reddishblue

Wait 'til I see him. The cnut owes me £750.

bluebrendan

reddishblue

Quote from: bluebrendan on December 02, 2014, 10:35:17
Quote from: reddishblue on December 01, 2014, 22:23:59
Wait 'til I see him. The cnut owes me £750.

Was it this goal that cost you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9L09aN1-Jg

That's the one. Had a £5 on a scorecast with Fowler 1st goalscorer @ 150/1. Why couldn't he have just headed into the corner and played keep ball the twot.