News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

finally, the signing to win the champs league

Started by goat, January 15, 2016, 13:18:58

Previous topic - Next topic

goat

caceres

from some aussie club
apparently is alive

thats all i know

kenny? nimbo? is he the new messi?

goat

• Central Coast Mariners sell 23-year-old Cáceres for undisclosed fee
• Midfielder not yet expected to feature in first team and could be loaned out

hes 23 and not ready? fucks sake

goat

Stephen Paul

sounds like the jewel we have been looking for 😏

Rowley Birkin QC

Well, when Pellegrini was asked about Anthony Caceres in an interview he didn't seem to have a clue as to what City intended to do with him....

Caceres is a decent enough player, but how far he might rise up the tree is anybody's guess. I wouldn't get too excited just yet!

We've seen a few of these type of signings now. One of City's main avenues of player list development appears to be to take a punt on some of these up-and-coming names in relatively minor leagues around the world - then promptly shove them out on loan somewhere and see how they go. I suppose we might get lucky, eventually.

KunDB

Luke Brattan last October was one. Immediately loaned out to Bolton, never played and recalled two weeks before end of deal (3 Jan 2016 date).

Unlikely to ever make City squad let alone team. Not at all sure what the plan behind these signings is, but I am certain there is a plan and a purpose defined that is not Man City focussed.

nimrod

completely bewildered

he was one of that clubs major assets though, so who knows

Leewonpen

It's about buying young players and making a profit on them through loan/transfer deals. I'm also sure that the principal motivation behind the CFA is this, not developing players for the first team

gavin

What would you have said had we signed Vardy from Fleetwood in his mid twenties?

Lekos

Probably; Fleetwood play in a better league

goat

Rowley Birkin QC

Quote from: Lekos on January 16, 2016, 00:02:42
Probably; Fleetwood play in a better league

Errr... not really. The A-League isn't that bad.

Anthony Caceres was one of the stand out players of last season. Gavin's reference to Vardy is a good one. You have to speculate to accumulate these breakout players - the problem being they're as rare as hen's teeth. Caceres might be the one - or (more likely) he probably isn't - but who knows? Good luck to him. (He's a better player than Danny Allsop was - and I liked Danny Allsop)

goat

so where can we expect him to pitch up on loan?

wouldnt be surprised if he ends up in whatever the hell the aussie team is called in a really low budget version of the lampard deal

either way the lad can say he was signed by city, good story for in the pub when hes done playing and to be fair he is probably better than fernando anyway

Swiss

The new Simon Colissimo...

I think we can expect him to play in the championship!

Rowley Birkin QC

I can't see him being loaned back to Melbourne City - as we have a salary cap system here and it will be seen as Melbourne City trying to circumvent the local transfer rules (i.e. cheat) and there will be a hell of a row.

Expect him to rock up at Blackburn or Preston any day now.

Swiss

Rowley Birkin QC

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on January 16, 2016, 11:40:41
I can't see him being loaned back to Melbourne City - as we have a salary cap system here and it will be seen as Melbourne City trying to circumvent the local transfer rules (i.e. cheat) and there will be a hell of a row.

Expect him to rock up at Blackburn or Preston any day now.

Show I know bugger all - just been loaned to Melbourne City!  :o

goat

ahh we still love you tho kenny

looks like its an aldi lampard deal